- GMFJ Reference
30.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Employment Type
Intermediate Level 2
Description of Opportunity
The role requires 30 hours work a week, generally over a five-day period, including some split shift work, flexible rotas and occasional additional hours.
Under the full instruction of the Head Chef you will be learning the basics of cooking
- such as peeling, cutting and preparing vegetables
- before moving on to preparing and plating more complex dishes with a view to greater independence and responsibility within the kitchen.
Work also includes:
- cooking and supporting the kitchen on weekend evenings and occasional weekday/week evenings for the family and guests.
- supporting and cooking with the head chef
- supporting and cooking with hired chefs
- assisting head chef with management of kitchen including stock control, stock list, food ordering and menu planning also in collaboration with employer
- liaising with walled garden and picking/cooking/freezing fresh produce
- assisting with cooking in advance using garden produce (jams/chutneys/tarts etc)
- assisting keeping freezer and fridge systems organised so food is not wasted/forgotten
- assisting waiting staff if necessary
- assisting with food shopping
- assisting keeping staff/working areas tidy and safe and observing all health and safety regulations
The role is based in a private house and not a commercial kitchen.
For more information about this vacancy please contact HIT Training on 02382 149390 (Ref ID: 135844)
Commis Chef Level 2, Maths & English Functional Skills Level 1
- Good communication
- attention to detail
- good timekeeping
- team player
- willingness to learn on the job
- good with people
- a passion for food.
There may be the possibility of a potential full time role at the end of the apprenticeship.