- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Fashion & Textiles
- Employment Type
Higher Level 4
Description of Opportunity
Here at JD Sports Fashion Plc we are currently looking for the brightest talent to join our Merchandising Team situated at our Head Office in Bury, Greater Manchester. This exciting apprenticeship will give you the opportunity of taking the next step in your career within the world of retail buying & merchandising.
Why JD Sports Fashion Plc?
You’ll be working alongside our talented Merchandising Team who will give you support every step of the way through your apprenticeship. As your experience grows, you will receive plenty of opportunities to develop your career. We also offer a rewards package that stand out, including extensive staff discounts on JD Group products and services and a employer contribution pension scheme.
To create and maintain data and purchase orders and act as a support function to the Merchandising Team to achieve optimum efficiency and help maximise profitability
- Create and maintain purchase orders on the JD system within a specific product area
- Check and ensure all purchase orders are received and processed by supplier.
- Chase and review set up of new suppliers
- Pre-allocate all new products approx. 6 months in advance via scheduling system
- Review pre-allocations through scheduling reports before distributing to merchandisers
- Amend pre-allocations as directed by Merchandiser/Assistant Merchandiser
- Produce price amendments as directed by Merchandiser/Assistant Merchandiser and communicate to Retail
- Communicate merchandising aids to retail as directed by Merchandiser/Assistant Merchandiser
- Review all costs, retail and VAT within a specific product file prior to receipt highlighting to Merchandiser/Assistant Merchandiser and amending as directed
For more information about this vacancy please contact SCL Education & Training Limited on +443456445747 (Ref ID: 139333)
We’re not looking for any specific experience or knowledge – we will provide you with full training.
You’ll need to show us good communication and listening skills along with your ability to work well in a team and achieve goals.
You must have minimum GCSE grades of 4/C or above (or equivalent) in both Mathematics and English
Level 4 Buying and Merchandising Assistant
We are working with SCL Education Group to source and recruit the perfect Apprentice to fit in to an already successful and established team. SCL Education Group are a national leading training provider of education through sport and workplace development provision, specialising in sports, buying, and merchandising apprenticeships amongst others. SCL are in the business of unlocking potential and have been doing this for 20 years. SCL’s apprenticeship programmes create high performing teams of professionals who positively drive business performance.
Alongside this role the successful apprentice will study the Level 4 Buying & Merchandising Assistant apprenticeship, which is suited for individuals with a creative flair, an eye for the latest consumer buying trends and a keen interest in developing products to take to market.
This 18–24-month apprenticeship programme will develop key skills, knowledge and behaviours of a Merchandising Administration Apprentice allowing them to work collaboratively with others in the team to meet key performance indicators.
It’s your passion for retail merchandising, motivation and values that matter.
As you develop your buying and merchandising skills, knowledge and behaviours you will naturally progress your career into a Merchandising Assistant role.
On completion of the apprenticeship there maybe the opportunity to continue your learning through a Higher (Degree) Apprenticeship.