- GMFJ Reference
32.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Health & Social Care
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
Springfield Residential Home
Springfield is home to 31 elderly residents who need support in their day-to-day activities. The focus of the apprenticeship is to provide a safe and supported environment for the apprentice to develop their care skills. Through working alongside experienced staff, apprentices are given the opportunity to develop both practical skills, and softer skills such as communication, leadership and knowledge of the theories and regulations that underpin social care. Transport to and from Springfield can be arranged for Apprentices living locally (Okehampton area).
List of Duties:
- Assist residents who need help with dressing, undressing, bathing and using the toilet.
- Help residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities.
- Care of residents who may be unwell, injured or dying
- Support residents to maintain relationships with their families and loved ones.
- Help in the promotion of physical and mental activity of residents through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
- Make and change beds; tidy rooms and undertake light cleaning.
- Inspect and launder residents clothing.
- Set tables and trays, serve meals, feed residents who need help, help to prepare light meals, tidy and clear the dining room and kitchen.
- Answer emergency call bells, the door and the telephone; greet visitors and make them welcome.
- Learn to read and write reports and keep records as required. Take part in staff and residents meetings and in training activities as directed.
Please note: We are hiring on an ongoing
basis so applicants should to apply as soon as they are able to take on the
For more information about this vacancy please contact Exeter College on 01392 400800 (Ref ID: 140474)
You will need to be compassionate and patient towards the individuals you care for, with a desire to help others.
- Maths and English GCSE, grade C/4 (or equivalent). If you do not have these qualifications the Exeter College Team will support you to gain these skills alongside your Apprenticeship.
You will receive full training in the care home with the support of an experienced team. In addition to this, you will attend Exeter College once a week to complete the following:
- Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Diploma in Care
- The Care Certificate
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (where required).
- Honest and reliable.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you may be offered a permanent role with the care home. Students have the option to pursue higher qualifications in care and/or nursing following this apprenticeship.