- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Kingston upon Hull
Now Taking Applications
Health & Social Care
- Employment Type
Intermediate Level 2
Change Grow Live - ReNew - Hull
Description of Opportunity
As an apprentice Engagement Worker your role will be to undertake the initial Brief Advice and Intervention with service users before allocating them to an Engagement Worker or into treatment.
You may find that you deliver Brief Interventions and an Initial Triage Assessment by telephone, online or at an event: either way, we will give you the skills, knowledge, and behaviours to deliver targeted interventions in relation to drugs/alcohol. This may also include working with the Marketing Lead and Behaviour Change Team Leader in developing Brief Advice over social media.
Your day to day duties will include:
- To drive a 'Behaviour Change Model of Prevention' across Hull, providing brief interventions for those who may not think their drug/alcohol use is problematic, however it has the potential to have an impact on their health and well-being.
- Deliver a 'hub and spoke' model with the additionality of mapped community venues.
- Drive ' healthy behaviour' messages to wider populations i.e. stop smoking, weight management, mindfulness and alcohol advice to support out 'Live Well' Campaigns.
- Deliver MECC (Making Every Contact Count) through advice/information/goal setting, promoting engagement/early identification of health/well-being needs; enhancing conversations on wider health issues including healthy eating/ weight/exercise/smoking/alcohol/well-being/mental health.
- Working within Let's Talk/University/JCP/primary/secondary care settings providing screening/BI/onward referrals as required.
- Deliver Brief Advice and Interventions at planned Events across the City.
- Offer Brief Interventions and Initial Triage Assessment both face-to-face and online to best suit the needs of the service user. This may also include social media alongside the Marketing Lead.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Lifetime Training on 0333 0143 669 (Ref ID: 140816)
Able to communicate via Telephone, Face-to-face or online via Microsoft Teams or other digital platforms.
A confident and passionate person that is willing to work with people and learn new skills, across a wide range of environments/community settings/events.
Motivated to help engage service users who are initially resistant to change.
No qualifications required!
Adult Care Worker Level 2 Apprentice
Maths and English functional skills
Passionate people and friendly faces to support and engage people in drug and alcohol support.
A range of of skills and expertise, who believe in being open, compassionate and bold in everything they do.
On-going training and development