- GMFJ Reference
37.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Health & Social Care
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
Helping Hands Care
Are you a caring, honest person, with good practical skills and a friendly and cheerful disposition?
Would you enjoy visiting service users in their own homes to ensure they get the helping hand and care they need?
You will have a genuine passion for caring and the desire to understand how important this role is to the daily lives of those you care for. You will need to be calm and polite. You should be a team player, but equally able to work on your own initiative.
Your main duties will include visiting service users in their own homes and assisting them in day to day living tasks. This includes:
- Completing basic paperwork
- Following care plans
- Adhering to all CQC, safeguarding &
infection control guidelines
- personal hygiene
- getting washed/showered/dressed
- assisting with meals & drinks
- attending appointments
- visits to the shops
- assisting with medication
Various shift patterns are available with some flexibility; there will be a
requirement for some weekend work.
In return, Helping Hands offer:
- up to £10.30ph
- Permanent contract
- Guaranteed hours
- Full training and support
- Paid for DBS check
- Free uniform
- Pool car available
- Career development
Please note, the start date is flexible and can be brought forward for the right candidate. Interviews for shortlisted candidates are arranged on a regular basis and the closing date is therefore subject to change.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Exeter College on 01392 400800 (Ref ID: 142910)
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Team player
- Empathetic towards others
- A driving licence is required as you will need to travel to the homes of our service users. You will have access to a Company pool car.
- Maths and English GCSEs at grades 4-9 (A-C), or equivalent. You should be willing to work towards Functional Skills where these grades haven't yet been achieved.
Full training will be provided in the workplace with the support of an experienced team. In addition to this, you will attend Exeter College one day per week to work towards the following:
- Level 2 Adult Care Worker (Standard)
- The Care Certificate
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (where required)
- Genuine interest in working within a caring environment.
- Patient and caring person who can put the needs of others first.
- Willingness to learn and develop skills
- Punctual and reliable
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you may have the opportunity to progress onto a higher programme to support your development.