- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
Flight View Livery & Stud
Description of Opportunity
Flight View Livery & Stud is a friendly, family run livery yard and stud based in Preesall. They breed and produce quality horses with the potential of competing across the main disciplines at a high level. Alongside they run a successful livery catering for all riders and horses as well as offering tuition across a variety of disciplines.
We have a position at our livery/stud/riding school for an equine apprentice with riding available. Opportunities to assist at competitions. You will need to be passionate about horses and be a team player. as well as have exceptional time management skills.
Approachable dedicated team of experienced professionals to help and support you in completing your apprenticeship.
Roles and Responsibilities will include:
- mucking out to a high standard, sweeping the yard and walker, keeping the yard and hay barns tidy, feeding, watering filling hay nets, tacking up and leading horses, Involvement with horse rehabilitation, working alongside our on-site physiotherapist & Osteopath Preparation for Competition including grooming Horses.
The right Candidate must first be keen to learn, endeavour to try their best and training and assistance will be given throughout. Good communication Skills are a must, with a positive can do attitude to work. opportunity to bring own horse.
Accommodation not available but space for own horse on livery.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Haddon Training Ltd on 01672 519977 (Ref ID: 143912)
- Essential: Some experience working with horses
- . Good communication Skills
- Uses initiative
GCSE Level 4/ Grade C in Maths and English or equivalent.
Call Haddon Training to discuss if not yet achieved - Must be able to work towards Level 1 or higher in Functional Skills Maths and English
Full Training through Haddon Training Apprenticeship Programme
- A passion to learn new skills
- Endeavour to try their best
- Can do attitude
- Happy to work outdoors!
Possibility of Level 3 advanced Apprenticeship on completion of Level 2.
Opportunity to bring your own horse