- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
The Avenue Surgery Partnership
Description of Opportunity
The duties and
responsibilities to be undertaken by members of the practice navigation team
may include any or all of the items in the following information. Duties may be
varied from time to time under the direction of the senior receptionist or
practice management, dependant on current and evolving practice workload and
- Have a thorough knowledge of the
practice and all policies and protocols relative to the role.
- Ensure that the reception is manned
at all times during the practice opening hours.
- Answering general enquires,
explaining surgery procedures. Demonstrating up to date awareness of the
various range of services the practice/community provides.
- Registering patients for
- Be able to cover all reception roles,
including cover at alternative locations if required.
- Respond to a patient in an
- Advise patients of relevant charges
for private ( non-General Medical Services) services, accept payment and
issue receipts for same.
- Deal with patient request for
registration as per the practice protocol, explaining practice
arrangements and formal requirements.
- Process patients E Consult
information and action accordingly.
- Initiating contact with and
responding to requests from patients, other team members and associated
healthcare agencies and providers.
- Demonstrate familiarity with all
appointment systems in operation
- Book appointments ensuring that
enough information is recorded for clinician to follow, using the
signposting tool on the clinical booking system.
- Monitor and direct patients where
necessary to consulting and treatment rooms.
- Draw the Doctors/Nurses attention
to any patient who may need immediate attention
- Make the Doctors/Nurses aware of
patients with special needs e.g. deaf or blind.
- Retrieving and re- filing of patient notes as
required, ensuring strict alphabetical order is adhered to.
- Providing clerical assistance to practice staff as
required from time to time, including word/data processing, filing,
photocopying and scanning.
- Dealing with all the surgery post and franking of all
- Maintaining Confidentiality at all
- Ensure that the telephone system is
operational at beginning and end of each day in accordance to practice
- Have working knowledge of telephone
- Be fully conversant with the
Practice computer system including word and Microsoft outlook.
- Strictly adhere to the practice
computer security protocol
- Ensure building security – have
thorough knowledge of doors/windows/alarms (including opening up
procedures, de-activation of alarm system and making all necessary
preparations to receive patients.
- Keeping the reception area, notice
boards and leaflet dispensers tidy and free from obstruction and clutter.
- Attend training sessions.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Paragon Skills on 01329 820300 (Ref ID: 145144)
- IT skills
- Paragon Skills is a leading national Apprenticeship training provider supporting over 4,000 learners through their training, and 1,500 organisations to consistently deliver high quality Apprenticeships across their businesses. Paragon Skills achieves some of the highest success and achievement rates in the industry. Its extensive experience across multiple specialisms has contributed to an overall achievement rate of 71.4% (2018/19) exceeding the national average of 65.6%, and an Ofsted Grade 2 Good rating.
- On completion of this 18 month apprenticeship you will have achieved: Level 3 Customer Service Practitioner
- Upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship possible full time role will be available.