- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Employment Type
Higher Level 4
Description of Opportunity
Potts Print UK is a high-quality commercial print manufacturer based in Cramlington, Northumberland. We are the largest sheet fed printing company in the North of England and a Carbon Balanced Printing Company.
A career opportunity at Potts Print UK is an opportunity to learn from, work with, and grow professionally among people who are leaders in their fields. We are always looking for creative, bright, hard-working individuals to join the Potts team!
We are currently looking for a trainee Direct Mail Data Processor to join our Technical Services Division. The successful candidate will play a key role in expanding the data processing team. Candidates should demonstrate a keen interest in developing their data processing/IT skills and be able to work in a team environment.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Inspect and troubleshoot client supplied database/data files
- Analyse client data and prepare data for processing
- Apply necessary changes/additions to the client data following work instructions, provided in job ticket
- Liaise and work with other members of the data processing team
- Communicate any questions with all team members (from sales to production) providing advice and/or solutions where necessary to maintain deadlines
- Learn about direct mail design
- Use Microsoft Excel and industry-based software as primary database management tools to achieve required output
- Ensure that data processing jobs are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Complete quality control checks on all output
- Well organised
- Reliable and self-motivated
- Strong initiative
- Ability to multitask
- Work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here.
At Potts Print UK we strive to be a great place to work, and we are proud to offer a wide range of experiences and opportunities that will help you achieve your careers and personal goals.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
For more information about this vacancy please contact QA on 01793696141 (Ref ID: 145291)