- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Business & Administration
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
Berkeley Homes (Capital) plc
Description of Opportunity
In carrying out your role we expect that you:
- Demonstrate support for Berkeley Group values
- Have Integrity – build trust by being open, clear and credible
- Be Passionate – take pride in what you do and the impact that you make
- Respect People – work together, empower people and value the contribution of others
- Think Creatively – find individual solutions
- Excellence Through Detail – deliver the best through attention to detail, in everything that you do
Duties and Responsibilities
- To undertake an agreed programme of learning that leads to gaining a recognised qualification as part of an apprenticeship framework/standard.
- To actively participate in your development plan under the supervision of your line manager, sub-contractor management team and the College assessor
- To work under supervision to learn your role. Specifics for each apprenticeship role can be found at the end of the job description.
- To work safely and competently in a site based environment and to always adhere to Group Health and Safety Standards.
- Ensure personal protective equipment (PPE) is used at the appropriate time for each task being undertaken.
- To undertake and take part in other duties, meetings, toolbox talks, supervision, training and events as requested by your manager that aids learning and development for your role.
- To demonstrate compassion and consideration for others, forming mutual trust and professional respect.
- To operate with a ‘one team’ approach demonstrating flexible engagement with internal and external colleagues.
- To operate with consistent effort, overcoming obstacles to achieve a goal.
- To be self-driven with a willingness to learn, adopting a ‘can do’ mentality and work ethic.
- To maintain the Berkeley Homes brand and assist in the delivery of a quality product with minimal build defects leading to positive customer satisfaction at hand-over and beyond.
- To consistently work to a high standard and look for ways to improve current working practices and processes for the benefit of customers and Berkeley Homes.
- Act in accordance with the company Culture and Values of ‘Our Vision’ commitment to being a World Class Business generating long-term value by creating successful, sustainable places where people aspire to live.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Hart Learning and Development on 01462 424242 (Ref ID: 145314)
- Punctual and reliable
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Follows instructions
- Good organisational, time management and planning skills
- Methodical and meticulous
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, the internet and email
- Desired GCSE English & Maths C or 4
Whilst the delivery of training and some of the content will be bespoke to employer’s needs, there are key elements that will be covered throughout. These will focus on the importance of:
- Effective Communication at all levels
- The principles of Business Administration
- Project Management skills
- Managing Personal and Professional Development
- Contributing to improvement of Business Performance
- Developing / Preparing and / or Delivering Presentations
- Preparing business documentation
- Managing and preparing for Business Meetings
- Storing / Retrieving / Analysing and/or presenting Business Data
- Basic Financial Management principles
- Able to build and maintain good working relationships with suppliers
- Takes pride in the job
- Works well as part of a team and on their own
- There may be progression routes within the company that will open up for you.