- GMFJ Reference
35.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Employment Type
Advanced Level 3
Description of Opportunity
The post holder is the first point of contact for many incoming calls and email enquiries and they will be expected to ensure that calls and emails are dealt with in a professional manner, thus promoting the firm and the department in an informed, positive and efficient way.
More specifically, duties will include, but not limited to the following:
- Assist Stakeholders across the firm in
drafting Business Cases and seeking appropriate input and approval
- Creating and advertising vacancies on the
firm’s ATS, intranet and website as directed by TA Manager
- Daily checking of recruitment Applicant
Tracking System (ATS), shortlisting, screening and forwarding candidates to
- Responding to all applications, including speculative
applications appropriately with
feedback, offers, rejections etc.
- Dealing with correspondence received from
candidates and recruitment agents as appropriate.
- Arranging interviews; booking meeting room
bookings and sending formal invites to candidates and agencies in line with the
- Assisting with the Graduate recruitment process,
logging applications and logging E&D data etc
Employee Process and Procedures
- Undertaking the complete starter process;
issuing offer letters, contracts and starter packs, RTW checks and starter
- Coordinating firmwide induction training.
- Coordinating the probation review process
for all new starters
- Undertaking the leaver process; issuing
acknowledgement of resignations and leaver letters; ensuring the return of the
- Ensuring all relevant departments are informed
of all new starters, movers and leavers.
- Creating and maintaining digital staff files
- Ensure sickness absence records on the HR
database are accurate and up to date.
- Be the first point of contact to deal with
holiday and sickness absence queries.
- Arranging RTWI’s with HRM or Head of HR as appropriate.
- Monitor sickness absences and produce
monthly reports to the HR team identifying patterns and areas of concern
- Assist the HR team in arranging Occupational
Health referrals, liaising with employee and providers as appropriate.
- Ensuring database is up to date with movers,
leavers and joiners.
- Prepare monthly and adhoc reports for the
- Updating holiday entitlement, i.e. carry
over, pro-rated entitlements etc.
- Processing of invoices i.e., presenting
invoices for signature to Head of HR.
- Assist the Head of HR with annual budget
- Processing routine mortgage and employment
references, season ticket loans etc.
- On-going updating of staff database
including salary, pension, maternity leave, name, address and job title changes
- Assisting with reviews and renewals e.g. performance
reviews, salary review, practising certificates, life assurance and private
health insurance renewals etc as directed by Head of HR.
- Processing firm benefit requests, e.g.
joining private health, cycle to work schemes etc.
- Filing and retrieval and despatch of files
to/from remote storage as appropriate.
- Assisting with pension filing and
- Assisting with preparation for staff socials
- Producing analytical reports using Excel
spreadsheet on a regular basis, as directed by Head of HR.
And such other duties as may
reasonably be required from time to time. (*) Advertised working hours are from 09.00 – 17.00 but staff may be
required to work additional hours, sometimes at short notice, in order to deal
with work in hand. Hours worked in
addition to the basic working week will carry entitlement to overtime, as
detailed in the overtime policy operating in the firm at any particular time. Please note, this job description is not contractual and may be amended
or revised from time to time, to meet the needs of the firm or the department.
It will be reviewed periodically.
For more information about this vacancy please contact BPP Professional Apprenticeships on 0203 131 5165 (Ref ID: 147146)
- Strong IT skills including Word, Excel and Internet browsers
- You will have excellent attention to detail and be able to juggle competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
GCSEs at grade 4 including English and Maths or equivalent qualifications.
As a HR Support
Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the HR Support Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship,
which is aligned with the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
(CIPD). Upon completion you will be awarded the CIPD Foundation Certificate and
you will be able to apply for Membership of CIPD.
apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning,
pre-recorded lectures, and face to face inductions and masterclasses.
- A personable, highly organised individual
who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and experience of People HR would
- Due to confidential and sensitive data held
within HR, compliance with GDPR and ISO 27001 is required at all times
Potential to be made Permanent following sucessful completion of Apprenticeship.
Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s).
BPP have a dedicated team who support students with disabilities, learning difficulties, health conditions and wellbeing. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any queries or would like more.