- GMFJ Reference
37.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Business & Administration
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
Small Heath Leadership Academy
Description of Opportunity
The successful candidate will be working the schools Term Time plus an additional 4 weeks of the school holidays. In the role, you will learn how to provide effective administrative and clerical support to the school that assists the school in its primary function of teaching and learning.
Day to day duties include...
- To assist in providing financial administrative and clerical support to the resource and business functions of the Academy and its estate.
- To maintain pupil records under supervision.
- Provide a receptionist service for the Academy.
- Undertake the processing of invoices and associated filling.
- To respond to account queries from suppliers and refer issues to the Finance Officer.
- Undertake and follow specified administrative procedures and processes in a professional manner.
- Undertake minuting of meetings as required by the Academy.
- Support the administration of admission applications and admission appeals including recording data and liaising with other Academies.
- Support the administration of Health and Safety issues associated with the premises, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and Trust requirements.
For more information about this vacancy please contact GP Strategies Training Limited on 0161 429 2460 (Ref ID: 149768)
- Previous experience of working in an administrative setting, is desirable but not a necessity.
- Ability to use MS Office software packages such as Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as Explorer and databases.
- Ability to prioritise, work efficiently and accurately, particularly under pressure, to deadlines and using own initiative.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with pupils, staff, parents and members of the community.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- 5 GCSE's Grade A* to C, including English and Maths.
Business Administrator Level 3.
- Promote the Trust’s vision of ‘nurturing today’s young people, inspiring tomorrow’s leaders’.
- Champion the Trust’s values of ‘Service’, ‘Teamwork’, ‘Ambition’ and ‘Respect’.
- Contribute to the wider life of the Trust and the Star community.
- Highest levels of professional and personal integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
The hourly rate will be based on the successful candidates age, and will range between £6.34 (£12,191) to £8.46 (£16,275). An offer of a full time role at the end of the apprenticeship, will be dependent on the schools business needs and based on performance over the 14 month apprenticeship.
All staff who create, receive, and use records in the course of their job are responsible for ensuring that records are managed appropriately. It is therefore likely that this post-holder will have responsibility for record-keeping as part of the role. Employees are required to be conversant with the Trust’s policies and procedures on records management.