- GMFJ Reference
35.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Health & Social Care
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
Salvation Army - Edinburgh - Davidson House Care Home
Description of Opportunity
Do you enjoy working in a high pressured, dynamic environment?
Do you want to progress in a role that offers great satisfaction and is highly rewarding?
The Apprentice Care Assistant with Salvation Army may be for you!
Your daily duties will include;
Quality of care -
- Contribute to person centred assessment planning, implementation and review.
- Put into practice person centred care recognising the special needs residents with dementia.
Fulfil the role of key worker for allocated residents.
Providing care -
- Share in person centred assessment planning implementation and review.
- Remain alert and attentive to the needs of residents throughout the shift to ensure that their needs are met at all times.
- Provide support for mobility and contribute to moving and handling residents.
- Support residents in journeys to and from the home if required.
- Support residents at the end of their life.
- Observe, monitor and record the condition of residents, reporting as required.
- Communicate with and complete records for residents including contributing to care plans.
- Receive and pass on messages and information.
- Support the health and safety of yourself and residents, complying with relevant legislation and Salvation Army procedures.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Share in a flexible rolling date.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Lifetime Training on 0333 0143 669 (Ref ID: 151517)
Must be able to establish and maintain constructive relationships with a wide range of people.
Able to engage and communicate with residents who have communication issues.
Ideally, an Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ) 2 in Health and Social Care or valuable experience desired but not essential.
Level 2 Apprenticeship in Adult Care Work
Functional Skills Maths
Functional Skills English
Functional Skills ICT
Must be kind, patient, tolerant, honest and willing to learn. Reliability is essential given the high level of need evidenced by residents.
Salvation Army are offering the chance, after completion of the apprenticeship, to progress to Team leader, Activities leader and Head of Care and Home Manager roles.
From November 11th, people working or volunteering in certain Care Quality Commission registered care homes in England must be vaccinated by law, unless exempt. Salvation Army require all staff to be either intending to be vaccinated or to be already vaccinated from Coronavirus.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.