- GMFJ Reference
30.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Welwyn Garden City
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
The Red Lion - Welwyn
Description of Opportunity
- Prepare, cook and present food in accordance with brand standards
- Lead the team in delivering an excellent guest experience
- Training and development of the team
- Stock control and ordering
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness
- Adhere to safety and hygiene regulations at all times
- Helping organise kitchen team shifts
What we look for in a Kitchen Team Leader:
- To train and develop the team
- Great team-player
- To work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Engage with the wider front of house team
- A great eye for detail
- Committed to completing your apprenticeship
- Ability to confidently lead the team
What your apprenticeship includes:
- A mixture of face to face and skype/phone catch ups every 4 - 6 weeks
- A mixture of on and off the job training, including workshops and webinars
- Reviews every 12 weeks with the Apprentice, Line Manager and Lifetime Trainer
- Feedback sessions to discuss progress
- Obtain Functional Skills in English and Maths (if you don't already have GCSE)
- 30 hours paid work every week
BENEFITS FOR M&B STAFF
- Love eating out? You'll love it even more with a massive 33% discount across all our brands. Whether its date night at Miller & Carter or family roast at Toby Carvery, we've got you covered.
- Never a dull moment - fun, laughs and lifelong friends!
- Funded qualification up to degree level
- Charity is important to us. From the company charities to the one which is close to your heart; you can choose how to give something back.
- Enjoy a 33% discount off a cosy stay at our Inn Keepers Lodges.
- On top of all this, we offer a pension; 28 days paid holiday; high-street shopping discounts; and we even give you free shares!
At Mitchells and Butlers, you will be working towards a Senior Production Chef Level 3 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Lifetime Training on 0333 0143 669 (Ref ID: 151589)
Great team-player, Great eye for detail, To work calmly and effectively under pressure, Ability to confidently lead the team
No Qualifications required!
Senior Production Chef Level 3
Functional Skills in Maths and English
-Have a passion for hospitality and food (if you know, you know!)
-Have a great eye for detail
-Always give great service
-Be a fun-loving, social, team player
We know hospitality can be hard work, but its super rewarding. As a team at Mitchells & Butlers, we always pull together with smiles on our faces. We know it's a cliché, but it really is the people that make it so worthwhile. When you join us, you become part of our work family, all 47,000 of us up and down the country.
Ongoing training and development!
The vacancy dates should be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy could close early.