- GMFJ Reference
30.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
Activ Health - Havant
Description of Opportunity
At Activ Health you will be working towards an Enhanced Personal Training L3 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months!
We are looking for someone with a passion for health and fitness. We have an opportunity for somebody to come into the business and become a fully qualified Personal Trainer.
You will be studying towards your Enhanced Personal Training L3 apprenticeship with Lifetime Training. An apprenticeship will allow you to gain relevant work experience, allowing you to earn while you learn and progress onto a full-time role.
You will be expected to undertake the below responsibilities during your apprenticeship;
- Delivering existing exercise session plans to clients
- Writing and developing new exercise plans for clients
- Delivering exercise classes and 1-1 training sessions
- Carry out basic maintenance work & cleaning on the facilities
- Aspects of reception work (Answering phone calls, emails, face to face enquiries from members)
- Planning and preparing gym-based exercise
- Instructing and supervising gym-based exercise
- Gaining an understanding of health and nutrition throughout the apprenticeship
For more information about this vacancy please contact Lifetime Training on 0333 0143 669 (Ref ID: 151926)
- Passion for Health & Fitness is essential.
- Basic knowledge of Gym equipment & the Gym environment is desirable
No Qualifications Required
Enhanced Personal Training L3 (L2 Fitness Included)
Functional skills in Maths, English & IT
- Friendly and confident nature around the business
- Happy to socialise with new people
- Self Motivated & eager to complete their apprenticeship qualification
Potential for ongoing training and development following successful completion of apprenticeship.
This programme offers development routes into Personal Training and other avenues within the Active Leisure sector
Air conditioned facility - (Can be cold when not working out)
Future role would be self employed (Personal Trainer)
Not just fitness work, cleaning of equipment, admin tasks etc.
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £4.15 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.45 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £8.20 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.72 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2020.