- GMFJ Reference
30.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
TGI Fridays - Derby
Description of Opportunity
Fridays is looking for a Chef Apprentice to join the family!
You will operate within a Friday's kitchen. Your role is to prepare food that guarantees an amazing experience for guests so that they love our offering, keep coming back and tell the world how much they love us. You will deliver at the required company standards and meet food quality, safety and margin targets. You will treat the kitchen as if it were your own and understand the impact your role has on the success of the business.
To prepare a wide variety of foods according to recipe requirements and to adhere to product sensitivities and plate presentation.
To ensure that all prepared food meets TGI Fridays food safety and quality standards and the kitchens performance delivers its targets through a People First, Guest Obsessed, Operational Excellence Strategy.
- Supporting newly hired Team Members to complete their appropriate training plan.
- Sets high standards for self and other teammates recognises and celebrates other's successes
- Lives the Fridays Values and the Fridays Feeling. Inspires others creating a work environment where people are inspired to do their best.
- Works in an ethical and inclusive manner and with collaboration by sharing knowledge and working practices with all colleagues.
- Reviews self and takes responsibility to recognise mistakes and takes ownership for correcting them.
- Leads OJE's confidently and professionally.
- Holds self-accountable to Friday's Promise to the Guest and celebrating the Fridays Feeling. Exemplifies hospitality with great food.
- Steps outside of the boundaries by demonstrating flexibility when responding to Guest needs and works in an environment of respect, understanding, caring, and fairness.
- Has a guest focus mindset even with little or no direct contact with Guests. - 'You're either serving the guest or serving somebody that is'
- When required, interacts with Guests in a positive, energetic and sincere manner.
- Maintains high standards at all times and delivering target food satisfaction and mystery shopper/SMG/ scores
- Act as a brand ambassador, celebrating the Fridays Feeling in everything we do, say and serve.
- Supports a culture of driving the top line through kitchen team engagement to drive performance.
- Considers new ways of looking at operational excellence and food quality to improve sales results.
- Ensures sales success by working at pace to adhere to ticket times.
- Has sight of kitchen progress against food quality and other metrics determined by TGI Fridays UK and supports any action to improve results.
- Operation of relevant stations within kitchen and preparation of menu dishes for these stations.
- Commitment and delivery of brand standards (Fridays Feeling) and all aspects of Health & Safety for both teams and guests, taking personal accountability as if it were their own kitchen.
- Proactively seeks new learning opportunities and challenges, goes above and beyond to achieve excellent results, and approaches new situations with creativity and innovation.
- Be a brand custodian of kitchen operational standards with a thorough knowledge of T.G.I. Friday's standards and guidelines.
- Ensure food quality by following 5 key points of quality + maintaining high levels of cleanliness, rejecting and food that does not meet TGI Friday standards.
- Support trainee chefs, coaching, correcting behaviours as needed, and providing recognition to continuously improve performance.
- Ensure 100% consistency and delivery of Picture-Perfect Plate Presentation in kitchen window.
- Keeps manager promptly and fully informed of all issues and takes prompt corrective action where necessary.
- Fully updates manager of issues during shift and any corrective action which needs to be followed up or resolved by manager.
- Ensures that all prepared food meets TGI Fridays standard of excellence, 100% recipe adherence, and adheres to product sensitivity and plate presentation guidelines.
- Keeps updated on recipe changes. Ensures proper execution of recipe procedures to maintain a high quality and consistent product.
- On shift cleanliness of entire back of house area and clean as you go.
- Completes assigned prep work for stocking and set up of station. Breaks down and cleans prep area, walk-ins and freezers thoroughly daily.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Lifetime Training on 0333 0143 669 (Ref ID: 153771)
-None! We are just looking for someone with a passion for hospitality!
- No previous qualifications are required.
Production Chef L2 Apprenticeship
Functional skills in Maths and English
-Passionate about developing your skills in the hospitality sector
-A willingness and desire to learn
-A smart and tidy appearance
-High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
-A flexibility to work weekends and evenings
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.