- GMFJ Reference
30.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Newcastle upon Tyne
Now Taking Applications
Health & Social Care
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
Enhanced Care Byker Hall
Description of Opportunity
In your role as an Apprentice Care Assistant, your role will consist of:
- Providing the highest possible levels of care with compassion and understanding when supporting and assisting our residents.
- Ensuring that our residents retain their dignity and comfort at all times.
- Delivering personal care and any other night time support.
- Delivering care plans.
- Performing regular night checks and assist our residents during the night as directed by our Senior Staff Team and Home Manager.
- Update care planning needs via electronic systems adapting to the needs of our residents
- Enabling residents to lead as active and independent lives as possible by providing holistic and personal care.
- Complying with CQC fundamental standards and Anchors policies and procedures at all times.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Babcock Training Limited on 0800 731 8199 (Ref ID: 153837)
We are looking for care assistants to join our family and be proud to be part of the team. Our main priority for this job role is to find people with the right values, behaviours and attitudes that match our own. Above all we want someone to have PASSION, show RESPECT, provide TRUST, ooze PRIDE and settle into our care FAMILY with ease. An interest in working in a Care Home, a desire to make someone's day special and the ability to communicate well with others.
None all training will be provided in-house.
Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship.Apprenticeship standards are aimed at developing skills within the Apprentices’ chosen career route, each standards has set knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful within the job role. This will include the completion of functional skills in Maths and English.Once the apprentice has completed a minimum of 12 months training and the employer and Babcock regional trainer confirm they have met all the requirements of the standard they will be put through to end point assessment. The end point assessment is independent from the training and includes a variety of assessment methods which test the skills and knowledge of the apprentice to ensure they are fully competent in their role. Each Apprentice will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a structured programme of teaching, e-learning, face to face training and workplace mentoring; this will encourage and help them to meet the requirements of the new standards and will prepare them for the end of point assessment.
To have PASSION, show RESPECT, provide TRUST, ooze PRIDE and settle into out care FAMILY
Training and support. Development opportunities. Uniform provided. DBS paid for. Double time paid on Bank Holidays. 5.6 weeks annual leave. Company events. Refer a friend scheme, earn £200 per successful candidate. On-site parking. Free snacks and refreshments whilst on shift. NEST pension plan. Rewards for 5,10,15,20 and 25 years. This role will become permanent upon successful completion of your apprenticeship.