- GMFJ Reference
35.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
Bevington Primary School - London
Description of Opportunity
Bevington Primary School is an outstanding school located in the heart of Notting Hill. We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and ambitious Early Years apprentice to join our successful Nursery and Reception team. Our focus is on achievement for all, and staff are no exception. You will be supported by an experienced team who have a proven track record of supporting trainees become outstanding practitioners in their field.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working alongside children delivering a play-based curriculum both indoors and outdoors
- Planning and delivering activities which enable children to reach their next stage of development.
- Contributing to the planning cycle and curriculum plans.
- Observing and assessing pupils against the EYFS curriculum.
- Ensuring pupils are safe at all times and report any concerns to relevant managers.
- Forming positive relationships with parents and carers and maintain effective communication.
- Setting up the play space including moving furniture and play equipment.
- Contributing to the development of the environment, including preparing displays.
- Developing and maintaining good communication with all staff and external agencies
- Undertaking appropriate and relevant training.
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties as directed, in accordance with the schools aims and objectives.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Lifetime Training on 0333 0143 669 (Ref ID: 154365)
-Keen interest in the childcare industry
-Dedication to working towards Apprenticeship
-Experience working with children aged 3-5
-Excellent communication skills together with sufficient understanding and use of English
No Qualifications Required
Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship
Functional Skills Maths and English
-Enthusiastic, polite and friendly.
-Enjoyment working with children
-Ability to work well in a team.
-Understanding of the varied needs of children and families
-Ability to work on own initiative, using judgement and common sense
Ongoing training and development following successful completion of apprenticeship
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £4.15 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.45 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £8.20 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.72 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2020
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.