- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
Harris Academy Battersea
Description of Opportunity
- To support the team with general maintenance, repair, build, refurbishment of the Academy premises and grounds where such work is within their capabilities;
- To assist with the maintenance, decoration and repair of the academy premises, where appropriate;
- To support site maintenance to a high standards, following health and safety procedures and causing as little disruption to the teaching and learning within the Academy, as possible;
- To support the maintenance of the Academy grounds, including the regular removal of litter, emptying bins, weeding plus clearance and gritting of paths, entrances and roadways during inclement weather; ensuring that at least once a day the bins are emptied, and the site is kept clear of litter;
- Support the team with the maintenance of the internal and external fabric of the building, including undertaking repairs to defects and reporting back to the Premises Manager;
- To be fully engaged in ensuring the academy health and safety and other related policies are fully adhered to; including reporting faults with the fire safety equipment and supporting minor repairs, where applicable;
- To receive and distribute deliveries and undertake furniture moving as required;
- To undertake emergency cleaning as required to ensure the safety and continuation of teaching and learning for staff and students;
- To support the premises team, having knowledge of academy site systems including heating, alarm system, etc., reporting any defects to the Premises Manager;
- To liaise with and support external contractors
- Being vigilant for any health and safety hazards, mitigating risk immediately and appropriately and reporting this to the Premises Manager and Health & Safety Lead, as soon as is possible;
- To report any poor or dangerous behaviour by students to the Premises Manager;
- To report any potentially hazardous actions by staff to the Premises Manager immediately;
- To support the security of the Academy premises during and outside of school hours, including ensuring doors and gates are locked/secured, as required;
- To carry out cleaning and checking of academy vehicles within capabilities;
- Monitor the toilets for cleanliness and replenish soap, toilet tissue, hand sanitisers, roller towels as necessary;
- Assist in the set up and removal of furniture e.g. for exams and academy events;
- Report to the Premises Manager, any lights that need replacing, graffiti or any broken fixtures and fittings;
- To be responsible for ensuring that any “accidents”, sickness or spillages are promptly cleaned, disinfected and made safe;
- To attend all appropriate Academy and Federation meetings and events when requested;
- To complete all tasks within their area of responsibility, that may reasonably be requested by the Premises Manager.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required, commensurate with the level of responsibility of the post.
- To engage actively in the performance review process, addressing appraisal targets set in conjunction with the line manager each autumn term.
- To participate in training and other professional development learning activities as required.
- To promote equal opportunities and celebrate diversity in all aspects of the academy.
- To play a full part in the life of the academy community, to support its distinctive aim and ethos and to encourage staff and students to follow this example.
- To support and attend academy events such as Open Evening.
- To promote actively the academy’s corporate policies.
- To adhere to the academy’s Dress Code.
- To comply with the academy’s Health and Safety policy and undertake risk assessments as appropriate.
- To be familiar with and promote safeguarding requirements, demonstrating adherence to the DfE Guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education and the academy’s Safeguarding/Child Protection policies.
- To be aware of and comply with all academy and Federation policies and procedures, in particular those relating to conduct, child protection (as above), health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description. Employees are expected to be courteous to colleagues and provide a welcoming environment to visitors and telephone callers.
Actively supporting the daily site maintenance, between the hours of 7am and 7pm (in line with agreed hours of work), including supporting preventative maintenance. In addition, supporting delivery distribution, furniture moving, and contractor supervision as required.
Following consultation with you this job description may be changed by management to reflect or anticipate changes in the job which are commensurate with the salary and job title.
For more information about this vacancy please contact HIT Training on 02382 149390 (Ref ID: 154557)
- Good communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Desire to learn and develop DIY and maintenance skills;
- Ability for some heavy lifting, physical fitness appropriate to tasks required;
- Ability to observe and report on structural faults/repairs;
- Ability to observe and notify the Premises Manager stocks and materials;
- Ability to work an occasional evening or weekend, as required;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Commitment to equality and diversity;
- Desire to work in a school, working with children and staff
- English and Maths – Level 2 or equivalent
- Basic understanding of Health and Safety
- Some knowledge of IT and MS Office
- Functional skills
- Facilities Operative Level 2
- Internal Training including Health & Safety
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the achievement of the academy/ Federation’s overall vision for success at all levels
- Motivation to work with children and young people
- Ability to work to observe relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people
- Emotional resilience in dealing with challenging behaviours
- Ability to contribute towards creating a safe and protective environment
- Willingness to continue professional development
- Commitment to support the maintenance of high standards and expectations
- Commitment to contribute to academy life as a whole
- Commitment to equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and the safeguarding and welfare of all students
Possible permanent role or another role within Harris Federation.
£5.25-£8ph dependent on experience