- GMFJ Reference
37.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
Greenbank Medical Practice
Description of Opportunity
This is a very varied office role. It includes telephone communication (both incoming and outgoing calls from patients or other healthcare professionals), working on the reception desk dealing with patients face-to-face, and various other duties as listed below. Full training will be provided, but it is essential that you are confident dealing with members of the public both face-to-face and over the phone.
Working within this busy Doctors Practice, duties will include:
- Maintaining and monitoring the practice appointments system
- Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments is, visits and telephone consultations and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional.
- Taking the post at the end of the shift.
- Taking messages and passing on information
- Filing, retrieving and photocopying medical records
- Processing repeat prescriptions in accordance with practice guidelines.
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation: processing and recording information.
- Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients, other team members and associated healthcare agencies and providers.
- Clearing and re- stock consulting rooms as requested.
- Registering patients onto the computer system
- Deducting patients off the computer system and retrieve it medical records to send back to the Health Authorities
- Summarising medical records using the correct read codes
- Providing clerical assistance to practice and Trust staff as required
- Ordering and re-ordering stationary
- Dealing with clinical waste
- Assisting with keeping the kitchen area clean and tidy
- Scanning letters onto the clinical system
- Typing letters and sending referrals through ERs
- Supporting the nursing team in Quality outcomes Framework
For more information about this vacancy please contact Damar Training on 0161 480 8171 (Ref ID: 155211)
- Excellent Communication Skills (Written and Oral)
- Confident communicating with members of the public
- IT skills
- Time Management and the ability to work to deadlines
- Problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail (vital skill), Good understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Good standard of general education, GCSE’s A – C in Maths and English or equivalent
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills English Level 2
- Functional Skills Maths Level 2
- Planning and organising
- Performing under pressure
- Team working
- Confidentiality, friendly and approachable
- Flexible approach to work
- Computer literate
- Must be trustworthy and respect confidentiality
This role is for a 15 months fixed term contract. After satisfactory completion of the apprenticeship the employer will discuss the opportunity of a permanent contract.
Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week. Hours to be worked between 7:30am and 6:30pm across a variety of shifts. These will include the early start, the days, and the late finish.