- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
Lychee Foods Ltd
You will join a small and determined team in a rapidly growing company serving high-quality dishes for dine in and takeaway customers. We’re looking for people with a genuine interest in the food of East and South East Asia - you should be familiar with key ingredients, cooking methods and dishes.
We serve a small, weekly changing menu, of small plates, bao & dumplings and curries & stir frys - all of which is made from scratch, you will be trained in and expected to master.
You will generally work 30-40 hours per week over 4-5 days, spread across daytime prep shifts and evening service shifts (we’re currently open 5-9pm Thursday to Sunday). You will work cleanly, thoroughly and consistently, and will be expected to do cleaning and washing up when required - we are a small team and everyone contributes to a range of tasks.
You will cook and present consistent finished dishes and be friendly and enthusiastic towards colleagues, customers and delivery drivers.
We’re currently in residency in The Mucky Duck, Winchester, while working towards opening our own premises. You’ll join the team at an exciting time and have the opportunity to grow and develop, personally and professionally, as we grow into a multiple outlet restaurant group serving a unique niche.
Daily tasks will include:
- Meat & veg prep
- Making sauces, marinades and pastes
- Making dim sum
- Cooking curries
- Packing and handing over takeaways
- Serving and clearing tables
- Washing and cleaning
All tips are split between staff according to hours worked. You will eat for free on service shifts. IMMEDIATE STARTS AVAILABLE
For more information about this vacancy please contact HIT Training on 02382 149390 (Ref ID: 155384)
- Vegetable and meat preparation
- Knife skills
- Basic knowledge of cooking techniques
- Basic food hygiene
- Basic numeracy
- Customer service excellence
- Maths and English grade 4 or equivalent
- Level 2 Food Safety preferred, but can be provided
Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship
- Good communicator and team player
- Determination and ‘can do’ attitude
- Initiative, anticipating tasks before they are urgently required
- An ability to perform under pressure
- Thorough and detail focussed
- Reliable & trustworthy
- Polite and friendly towards customers no matter what the situation
We would like to see commis chefs develop through the chef ranks, all the way to head chef or into FOH and management roles. We plan to have at least 5 outlets by 2025, which will give plenty of opportunities for promotion.