- GMFJ Reference
36.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Health & Social Care
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
B&M Care - St Matthews Care Home
Description of Opportunity
Wages will be paid at the following rates -
16-20 - £6.15, 21-25 - £7.70 and 25+ - £8.72
Duties will include
- To work & care for residents in line with the B&M Care Rose Model of Dementia Care to assist in maintaining their dignity and respect in a person centered way.
- To provide the care detailed in the residents individualised care plan using a person centered approach
- To ensure that the Mobile Care Monitoring (MCM) device is used effectively.
- Supporting residents with all aspects of personal care whilst maintaining and promoting independence and ensuring privacy and respect.
- To ensure that residents are dressed appropriately and in possession of their individual aids, i.e. dentures, hearing aids, walking frames etc.
- Ensure that resident’s clothes are cared for and clothing that is to be repaired or beyond repair is reported to housekeeping or a family member.
- Help serve meals to residents as well as preparing and clearing the dining area.
- Support and assist residents with their meals as required in a dignified and respectful manner ensuring that a pleasant and calm atmosphere is maintained.
- To observe and report any physical, physiological and emotional changes to the well-being of the resident to a member of the senior team.
- To identify and meet the social, emotional and cultural needs of residents and participate in the organisation for social and recreational activities.
- Support residents to use the environment to its full potential including the outside environment taking into account each individuals mobility needs.
- To undertake the role of the keyworker in relation to each individual care homes guidelines.
- Making and serving refreshments for residents and visitors as required.
- Leaving bedrooms to a presentable standard which will include bed making, tidying draws and wardrobes and emptying bins.
- Assist and promote good housekeeping throughout the home.
- Toilets and showers are cleaned in compliance with infection control guidelines.
- Awareness of medication procedures.
- To ensure that clean clothing and linen are distributed to the appropriate residents and areas.
- To have a clear understanding of the B&M Care Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- To be able to produce legible and accurate documentation in relation to care plans and other reporting and recording of information on the Mobile Care Monitoring (MCM) System.
- To participate and contribute to reviews and assessments.
- Assist senior staff with the admission of new residents in order to create a welcoming atmosphere and to welcome residents, relatives and friends into the home.
- To attend all training sessions, supervisions and appraisals.
- To attend and contribute to all handovers, and staff meetings ensuring confidentiality is maintained at all times
For more information about this vacancy please contact HIT Training on 02382 149390 (Ref ID: 155559)
•Communicate and interact effectively with both residents and staff.
•Ability to work as part of a team.
•Willingness to undertake training
•Demonstrate empathy and understanding of the needs of residents.
•Ability to work under pressure and maintain professional throughout.
•To uphold confidentiality at all times
•Ability to work as an individual
None required, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the application process
Adult Care Apprenticeship Level 2
Functional Skills Maths and English L1
Mandatory training and full induction
By successfully completing an apprenticeship, you’ll have gained the confidence and skillset needed to progress within the care & hospitality sectors.
Your career progression may take several different paths depending on where you find your passions lie, these include but are not limited to:
Becoming a senior care worker,
moving on to the Level 3 apprenticeship, medication training and so much more.