- GMFJ Reference
36.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Health & Social Care
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
In our care homes,
there is an unmistakable feel as soon as you walk in. Our staff and
residents really enjoy this unique feel and the real sense of living and
working among friends. With the opportunity to develop and grow your career.
Responsible to: Registered Manager or other senior member of staff directed by the
Purpose of Position: To share with other staff in meeting the personal
care needs of residents in a way that Respects the dignity of the individual
and promotes independence.
To help in the care of the residents’ physical
environment and in the general day to day activities of the Home.
To take delegated responsibilities in the charge of
the residents under your care to the appropriate level.
- Give support and care to the residents whilst
maintaining their rights to independence, privacy, dignity and choice and
assist in their daily living.
- Assist residents who require help to
dress/undress, wash, and bath and use the toilet.
- To assist residents with mobility problems and
other physical disabilities including the use and care of aids and personal
- Assist residents who need help with personal
hygiene e.g. incontinence.
- Assist in the care of residents who are unwell or
- Monitor the needs of the residents, informing a
senior member of staff on duty of any emergency situation or concern about
- Undertake the role of key worker with a group of
residents under the supervision of a senior member of staff
- Promote mental and physical activities for
residents through the key worker system. Talking to them, taking them out and
sharing with then in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and
- Make and change beds, tidy rooms, do light
cleaning and empty commodes.
- Inspect, launder and mend residents’ clothes where necessary.
- Set tables and trays, assist with serving meals, wash up, tidy
and clean dining room. Prepare and serve supper when required.
- Answer call bells, emergency bells, the door and the
- Receive, record and communicate information and messages in
accordance with the Home’s procedures
- Assist residents, relatives and medical professionals with
completion and review of plans of care.
- Maintain all residents’ records and give written / verbal
reports, whilst ensuring confidentiality
- Take part in staff and residents meetings and also in training
activities as required.
- Complete Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) diploma in
care or the equivalent
- Attend and participate in regular formal supervision and
- Be aware of and adhere to Greensleeves Homes Trust’s policies
- At all times be aware of the security of the building in
relation to residents and staff safety.
In addition to the duties
and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other
duties assigned by the manager from time to time.
For more information about this vacancy please contact HIT Training on 02382 149390 (Ref ID: 155576)
Company website : www.greensleeves.org.uk
and interact effectively with both residents and staff
to work as part of a team
to undertake training
empathy and understanding of the needs of residents
Ability to work under pressure and
maintain professional throughout
To uphold confidentiality at all
Ability to work as an individual
None, however previous
experience would be an advantage.
- Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Level 3
- Functional Skills Maths and English L2
training and full induction
Your career progression may take
several different paths depending on where you find your passions lie, these
include but are not limited to:
- Progression on to the Level 4