- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
Description of Opportunity
We are seeking an individual who is enthusiastic, keen to learn and to develop Front of House hospitality skills and experience under an approved apprenticeship program. Not only will you gain a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member award, you will also have the following opportunities:
- On the job and online training, from an approved training provider.
- Successful applicants will be matched with a mentor and complete a personal development programme.
- Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work closely with the Café Manager/Head chef, while interacting with customers and helping to drive the revenue of the N2E activities.
- Present a positive image of Foodwise and Neat2Eat to all customers and other staff members.
- Be knowledgeable about the products on sale and be confident to offer recommendations.
- Lay out the café to an agreed standard to enable service to commence promptly.
- Update the menus as required and ensure all food specified on the menu is present.
- Know the ingredients of each dish, as well as allergens from the Café Manager’s briefing.
- Engage customers, take and serve orders and drive sales.
- Maintain health and safety and food safety standards.
- Process and deliver food orders in an efficient and timely manner.
- Be aware of customer’s needs at all times and help when required.
- Support the Café with cleaning requirements.
- Report any incidents/accidents that occur in the Café promptly to the Café Manager.
- Take and process orders efficiently using the POS technology.
- Deliver exceptional customer service and care, creating an enjoyable experience for customers.
- Assist the Café Manager with basic duties
- Prepare and produce the café food, ordered by customers, as advised by the Café Manager
- Wash up crockery, cutlery, pots and pans
- Maintain a clean and tidy kitchen space
- Clean food preparation/serving areas and equipment
- A full Front of House training program will be provided.
- Food and Hygiene Level 2 qualification will be required (can be completed through an online course for the right applicant).
- Shift times will be agreed with you in advance and will involve working occasional Saturdays.
- Recruitment is targeted at the 18-24 age bracket. Encouraging recruitment within this range is deemed to be “positive action” and otherwise objectively justifiable in accordance with the Equality Act 2020 and for reasons stated above.
- The role is for 5 days a week, with 20% dedicated to training and education.
For more information about this vacancy please contact HIT Training on 02382 149390 (Ref ID: 155708)
- Level 2 Hospitality Team Member qualification
- Food Hygiene
- Accredited Barista training
- A needs analysis will be conducted and other training will be provided based on an individuals needs (this can include functional English and Maths)
- Be willing to learn new skills and how to manage a varied workload
- Be willing to help customers enjoy their time within our businesses
- Be willing to learn and gain experience of good IT skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PPT)
- Be prepared to follow and stick to our code of conduct
- Be polite and working in a respectful manner
- Be willing to learn to work well in a pressured environment, whilst paying attention to detail
- Show willingness to communicate and listen effectively and politely to both customers and team
- Be a team player
- Be reliable and trustworthy
- Show self-motivation and be flexible and adaptable to the needs of the organisation
- Show ambition to work hard for the benefit of the company Show determination to succeed and, ideally, a passion for food production and quality
Apprentices will be supported to find further employment (although no guarantees are made)