- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Royal Wootton Bassett
Now Taking Applications
Teaching and Learning
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
Halo Staffing Limited
Description of Opportunity
As a key part of a growing, thriving team the right candidate will benefit
from extensive training and enjoy great career progression. As well as contributing to the team’s overall goals you will
relish having your own your own targets and thrive in an environment where you hit them month in month out.
Having successfully proved that people can
effectively work remotely, we envisage that the successful applicant will be predominantly based at home but will be
required to meet up with the team weekly. The successful applicant will have interaction daily with others within the
business. Through Halo Staffing’s training you will
learn and take responsibility for duties to include from the outset:
• Taking phone calls from prospective clients
• Going through basic care worker training, as to better understand the product you will be making
• The creation of eLearning text and scripts
• The creation of other eLearning media, such as videos
Tasks – Daily
- Daily meeting, providing updates
- Working on creating eLearning media, ranging from completely text based to videos to quizzes
- Using eLearning creation software, such as Doodly
- Using the Learner Management System (LMS)
- Completing other short term tasks when necessary
Tasks - Weekly
- Examining overall status of eLearning, and identifying gaps in coverage
Tasks - Monthly
- Collate, evaluate and report on learners feedback
- Collate, evaluate and report on customer's feedback
- Review previously created eLearning, and see where improvements need to be made
- Evaluate and report on KPIs in relation to quality, efficiency and effectiveness of training
- Evaluate and report overall progress of eLearning
For more information about this vacancy please contact HIT Training on 02382 149390 (Ref ID: 155804)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken GCSE English, Grade 5 or above
- Writing, spelling and punctuation skills at a high enough level to create clear, well written text
- Basic numeracy GCSE, Grade 5 or above
- Organizational skills
- Good time management
- Telephone confidence
- Use of Microsoft office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher
- Successfully complete Enhanced DBS certificate
- Previous knowledge of eLearning creation and/or development
- Use and understanding of a Learner Management System (LMS)
- A calm and clear speaking voice
to minimum of A level with not less than 8 x GCSE’s at Grade 5 (C) or above.
to demonstrate a real and genuine interest in health and social care.
(Desired but not essential)
and Development Practitioner Level 3 Apprenticeship
skills Maths Level 1
Skills English Level 1
- Professional relationships with customer staff teams, people requiring support and Halo personnel.
- Professional - Prompt response/call backs. Reliable candidates, suitably skilled and trained for the role. Excellent
- timekeeping. Meets deadlines. Takes accountability. Exceeds expectations. Role model and ambassador for the company.
- Respectful - Listens to others and is listened to. Values diversity and is inclusive, actively against discrimination.
- Considerate – Thoughtful of others, exceeds other expectations, shows empathy.
- Integrity - Is honest, don’t make promises you can’t keep, lawful and moral.
- Tenacity - Always moving forward, overcoming setbacks and hardship.
- Ability to communicate well.
- Attention to detail
- Friendly - Everyone we come into contact with must be treated warmly and with a smile.
Full Time position.
By joining our dynamic team you'll have opportunities for a career path within either business administration, training, and development, recruitment and/or sales.