- GMFJ Reference
39.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
Description of Opportunity
To have a complete knowledge of food and beverage served in
the Bars and Lounge. Be conversant in the use of micros system, operational
procedures, and standards of service.
Prepare drinks requirements to perfection at all times. Communicate any and all customer complaints
as soon as possible to your Manager or Supervisor. Relate with guests is the essence in this Bar
/ Lounge environment linked to maximum flexibility in all aspects.
- With the St James bar team, ensure the smooth and efficient
running of your area and promote a service of excellence to our guests
- Recognize the needs and comfort of the customer throughout
all service periods and focus on customer relation and satisfaction – be
attentive and professional at all times
- Ensure that you attend all briefings carried out before each
- Ensure that you understand and have a thorough knowledge of
all menus (including St James’ Bar, Afternoon tea menu, Rose Lounge and The
Balcony) and are fully conversant of the details of all food and beverage
products served in the area
- Maintain the highest standard of cleanliness, presentation
of furnishings, and the proper set-up of the bars; report any necessary repairs
to Bar and Lounge Manager
- Be flexible and carry out any other reasonable duties and
responsibilities within the job capacity as assigned, including redeployment to
alternative departments as required, to meet the demands of business and
customer service needs
- Ensure that all guest checks are correctly posted at the end
of each service period on Micros, alongside cashiering and duties to this
task. You are fully responsible for your
stock, with stock controls and price updates in conjunction with your Manager.
- Ensure you are performing all duties correctly, efficiently , and to the best of your ability in accordance with the Standard Operating
- Present yourself at the beginning of each shift punctually,
properly dressed in the correct uniform and maintain the highest standard of
- Attend training and departmental meetings as required and to
pass on any relevant information to your colleagues and ensure that they are
fully aware of the relevant points discussed.
- Ensure you have a thorough understanding of and adhere to
laws and regulations regarding licensing, food safety, health & safety
& fire regulations.
For more information about this vacancy please contact HIT Training on 02382 149390 (Ref ID: 155835)
None required, but GCSE English and Maths may be desirable.
- Level 2 Hospitality Team Member
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- Full inhouse training provided
- Tact and diplomacy for dealing with difficult situations
- Attention to detail
- An outgoing personality
- Communication skills
- The ability to work well in a team.
To grow in the bartending world, if performing at a great
level to be promoted to Head bartender or Bar Supervisor.