- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
Description of Opportunity
Tasks will involve:
- Prepare and present menu items showing variety and flair,
within the cost margins specified by the hotel.
- Ensure strict stock rotation and minimum wastage. Have stock
control procedures implemented and maintained
- Prepare and ensure availability of mis en place as
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy. Ensure all equipment
is maintained, serviced and cleaned. Report any problems to the Head Chef or
- To count, sort and prepare operating equipment as required.
- Ensure correct handling of chemicals and equipment as per
- Ensure all operating equipment, crockery, cutlery &
glassware is hygienically cleaned and safely stored.
- Follow the regular cleaning rosters and standard methods for
deep cleaning of floors, walls, coolers, ovens & operating equipment.
- To contribute to cost control through energy conservation
and the careful use of water, cleaning materials, and other appliances
- Ensure garbage is collected and disposed of correctly from
all kitchen areas each shift.
- Utilise safe and hygienic methods for the removal of dry and
- Any other reasonable request as required by your Supervisor
or Hotel Management.
Joining our team, and thus being part of a great family,
involves great benefits as well !:
- High level of monthly tips/service charge
- Two complimentary Bonus Breaks - benefit from a free one or
two day break in another Accor property in the UK each year
- Pension Scheme
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor
- Free meals on duty
- Up to 33 days of annual leave per annum
- ... And much more!
For more information about this vacancy please contact HIT Training on 02382 149390 (Ref ID: 156138)
None, your personality and motivation are the only things we need!
None required, but GCSE English and Maths may be desirable.
- Level 2 Commis Chef
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- Commis Chef Academy Workshops
- Full inhouse training provided
- To be trustworthy, tolerant, and punctual
- To be self-motivated and willing to learn
- Able to work under pressure
- Creative and flexible
Upon completion, successful apprentices could easily work as
Demi Chef de Partie (Kitchen team member) and achieve a great career in culinary
arts, eventually going up the ladder through Chef de Partie up to Head Chef.
Additionally, working as part of Accor, a worldwide company, could give the
opportunity to the apprentice to join a worldwide network of employment