- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
Pitcher and Piano Richmond
Description of Opportunity
As an Apprentice Chef in Pitcher & Piano, you’ll learn all there is to know about working in a fast paced kitchen and have a natural flair for presentation. From preparation to food handling and hygiene, as well as excellent time management skills - your contribution will certainly count. Whilst working in our kitchens no 2 days will be the same and you’ll be able to develop your skills with a variety of dishes and menus.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has a passion for creating amazing fresh food dishes and hoping to climb the ladder from Line Chef to Head Chef.
What are we looking for?
- A genuine passion for delivering top quality dishes
- An excellent team player with exceptional communication skills
- Be fun-loving, have a great character and enjoy the culture that our industry offers
- Prepare and cook all menu items focussing on food delivery, speed of service and quality, in line with brand requirements to ensure a consistent and excellent dining experience for the guest.
- Carry out all food preparation necessary in line with the Head Chef’s expectations.
- Assist in maintaining great EHO & NSF scores, Audits and Health & Safety within the kitchen.
- Ability to monitor stock levels and wastage, reporting issues to the Head Chef.
- To ensure that all equipment is maintained in a safe, clean and efficient working condition in accordance with Company instructions and report all defects, accidents damage.
- Builds strong relationships with the rest of the team, including the kitchen team and management
- Supports peers, using initiative to assist when they have the capacity to do so
- Maintains clear communication with the front of house to ensure guests’ orders are completed promptly and accurately
- Ensures that they work in accordance to legal requirements at all times
- Completes all e-learning within the given time frame, and in line with the General Managers’ expectations
Why should you work for Pitcher & Piano?
- Competitive annual salary
- Discounted meals whilst on shift
- Reasonable weekly working hours
- Opportunity to join a long standing, high street brand
- Great training and development schemes including funding qualifications
- Progression opportunities - we actively encourage our employees to progress, offering you opportunities in some of the best towns and cities in the UK
- Online rewards scheme – Offering you discounts and cashback with major high street or online retailers
- Company benefits - this includes food and accommodation discounts, pension scheme, company & employee engagement and a chance to win various incentive trips and prizes throughout the year.
- Great working environment - we are proud that our pubs are beautifully designed with fantastic equipment providing a fun yet professional environment
For more information about this vacancy please contact HIT Training on 02382 149390 (Ref ID: 156177)
To be able to build relationships with team mates. Be people focused (team and guest). Clear communication, takes time to listen and understand
Level 2 Production Chef
Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
Level 2 Food Hygiene
All aspects of a fast paced, high volume kitchen, learning use of all kitchen equipment
E-Learning consisting of Health & Safety, COSHH, Equipment knowledge, Allergens and more.
Hands on and functional training provided by Head Chef.
Has a can do approach, is eager to learn (is passionate)
Progression and promotion within our kitchen team
Opportunities to work within our other London branches