- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
Footprints Montessori Day nursery
Description of Opportunity
Each day will entail assisting the chef to provide baked snacks, a two course lunch, preparing fresh fruit and vegetables and the preparation of the two course evening meal at 16.00; with attention given to the presentation of food.
Benefits and knowledge gained include:
- Holiday entitlement.
- Portion Control.
- Allergies and awareness.
- Culinary experience.
- Health and Safety.
- Opportunities to be creative.
- Help with suggestions/ideas and planning of the menu.
- Baking techniques and presentation.
- Lunch and parking provided on site.
For more information about this vacancy please contact HIT Training on 02382 149390 (Ref ID: 156333)
Hardworking and creative.
Patience and the ability to follow instructions.
GCSE English & Maths A*-C
- Food Handling and Hygiene Training.
- Importance of PPE.
- Health and Safety Induction.
- Allergy training (identifying and Listing).
- Culinary skills.
- Patisserie techniques and skills.
Enthusiasm and reliability with good attention to detail, punctuality and a willingness to learn.
- Completing the next level of Level 3 qualification, with the possibility of continuing to work at our nursery.
- With the skills and experience obtained, they could move on to a role in another professional kitchen in the hospitality industry.
- Bakery skills.
- Carving and Full roast lunch experience.
- Various recipes and a diverse menu to follow.