- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
De Vere - Cotswold Water Park
Description of Opportunity
You’ll work in a busy and hardworking team environment, where you’ll continually learn and develop. We know you love food: we want you to love your career just as much.
As a part of the team you will:
· Prepare, cook and present dishes to a high standard.
· Ensure you and your team have highest of standards of cleanliness, food hygiene and health and safety.
· Have the opportunity to develop your career with De Vere
· Be part of new menu changes
· To work with the front of house team to anticipate customer needs wherever possible, and to react to these to enhance customer satisfaction
· Organise and set up the assigned section within the kitchen
· Stay focused and remain conscious about food presentation and consistency
· Practice proper food handling procedures.
· Practice proper knife handling skills.
· Properly wraps, labels, dates and stores all food items in their correct areas.
· Keeps workstation clean at all times during service time.
· Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule and varied hours when necessary to meet the business needs
· Commitment to attend job chats and performance reviews
· Commitment to self-development through external and internal training courses
We want to hear from inspired chefs who love creating amazing food from the best ingredients have a keen eye for detail but with bags of flair and creativity.
Benefits include but not limited too:
· A competitive salary
· 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
· Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
· Long service awards which increase with the length of service
· Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
· Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
· Free meals on duty
· Free uniform provided
· Regular surprise and delightsWe appreciate that completing and achieving an apprenticeship qualification takes dedication, hard work and a lot of personal motivation. At De Vere we are passionate about celebrating and sharing success, so when you pass your apprenticeship we think it's only right that all of your hard work is recognised and rewarded. As such, we will celebrate this fantastic achievement with you by offering:
A £250 congratulations bonus
One extra days paid holiday
A bespoke gift from De Vere
A celebration dinner / event with other successful apprentices.
For more information about this vacancy please contact HIT Training on 02382 149390 (Ref ID: 156407)
No current qualifications require just a positive attitude towards a busy working environment and a passion for food.
- Commis Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship - provided through the HIT Training,
- COSHH Training offered,
- Healthy and Saftey course,
- First aid (if interested).
You will need excellent organisational skills alongside the ability to work both independently as well as part of a team.
It is essential that you can follow instructions whilst using your own initiative to prioritise tasks in a fast-paced and potentially stressful environment.
Must be able to drive due to the location of the property.
You must be punctual and have attention to detail to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Continue their De Vere Chef Career by taking on the next level apprenticeship and moving up the levels of Chef at the hotel
- Be multi-skilled across more than one property to grow their skills and knowledge of different kitchens