- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Cleaning & Environmental
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital
Description of Opportunity
An exciting opportunity has arisen for highly motivated individuals to join the Domestic Services Cleaning Team.
We are looking to appoint 6 Cleaning Operatives to work within our Facilities team at the Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital Wonford. Our aim is to provide an efficient, flexible and responsive Cleaning Team who are committed to the provision of a clean, safe and effective environment for the wellbeing of our patients, staff and visitors.
Key duties include:
- Ensuring that the ward/area you are assigned to is cleaned in accordance with the work schedule for that area.
- Undertaking specialist cleaning as required under the guidance of the Facilities Supervisor and/or Nurse in Charge and/or Infection Prevention Dept
- Using machinery/equipment in accordance to your training to prevent endangering yourself and others.
- Ensuring all the cleaning materials and disposables are used economically and are stored securely and safely in your work area.
- Ensuring that whilst carrying out your duties the correct colour coded equipment is used to prevent cross contamination.
- Paid training
- Free uniform
- 27 days paid holiday (pro rata for part time) plus bank holidays
- Increased holiday allowance after 5 and 10 years service
- Enrollment in the NHS Pension Scheme (employer contribution 20.68%)
Upon completion of the qualification we offer a guaranteed substantive position with the key skills for those seeking development opportunities, or for those candidates wishing to further a career in the NHS
In accordance with the National Specifications of Cleanliness in the NHS 2007 and other healthcare cleanliness associated documentation, the post holder’s key objective will be to maintain the high standards of cleanliness of the environment and patient equipment in various ward areas on site.
Responsibilities will include general cleaning tasks such as the disposal of refuse, high / low dusting, cleaning sanitary areas, wet mopping; cleaning of patient equipment, etc. There will also be training on intensive terminal cleaning and the role this plays in maintaining patient flow through the hospital.
Enhanced Pay for unsocial hours worked (all time on Saturday and any week day after 8 pm and before 6 am time plus 41%, or all time on Sundays and Public Holidays time plus 83%.
For more information about this vacancy please contact HIT Training on 02382 149390 (Ref ID: 156603)
Good communication skills to engage with a variety of people, to include patients, visitors and clinical colleagues.
Healthcare Cleaning Operative Apprenticeship Level 2 plus a knowledge and understanding of the following.
- National Standards of Cleanliness in the NHS 2007 (New standards due May 2022)
- Infection Prevention and Control principles.
- Risk management and assessment
- An understanding of the working of an acute hospital site.
- To be punctual
- Flexible in working practices and hours
- Ability to be able to follow clear instructions
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- To be proactive in ensuring effective relationships are maintained
- To work well and effectively in a team or alone or lone working
- To have a good attention to detail
- Team Leader
- Operations / Domestic Services Manager
- Progression into foundation clinical roles such as Health Care Assistant.