- GMFJ Reference
30.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
Your Friendly Local Ltd - The Droppingwell
Combining off the job training with on the job learning , the apprentice chef will work alongside qualified chefs assisting in all aspects of food preparation and production
This position provides the opportunity to learn and build experience and as such, requires commitment to completion of all learning and development activities within the Training Plan.
- Implement Food Hygiene Standards
- Competently organize food preparation as instructed
- Maintain fridges – keep clean, organized and products dated
- Maintain dry store area – keep clean, organized and clearly labelled
- Communicate with Chefs regarding stock
- Complete Apprentice Chef Course work as required
- Provide regular input on menu items, specials
- Be able to take direction when required from other Managers / Supervisors / Chefs
- Ensure all communications between bar and kitchen run smoothly and with respect
- Ensure that all dishes are prepared to the correct recipe and quantity
- Record all wastage and breakages
- Demonstrate a creative flair with food
- Ability to acquire new skills.
- Initiative and problem solving.
- Effective verbal communication.
- Ability to prioritize and manage own time.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Literacy and numeracy appropriate to the position.
- Ability to use technology and develop new technology skills.
- Fluency in the English language.
For more information about this vacancy please contact HIT Training on 02382 149390 (Ref ID: 156609)
Good communications skills
Production Chef, Level 2 apprenticeship, all in house training will be delivered along with induction training. You will also receive Maths and English training along with apprenticeship, if necessary.
- Willingness to learn
Guarnteed Employment after training