- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
Frankie & Bennys
Description of Opportunity
All we ask from you is that you have love and enthusiasm for hospitality and in return, we will provide you with all the skills needed to excel in the industry. Within just a few years you could be fully equipped to manage your own kitchen or move front of house and run the restaurant in its entirety - the opportunities are endless.
Our Chefs are the artists behind the dishes we serve our guests. Our Chefs are passionate about all things food and take great pride in only serving the tastiest plates.
What makes a great Chef?
- MAKE IT MAGIC: You deliver great-looking food at pace, serving dishes that delight our guests and keep them coming back for more.
- KEEP IT FRESH: You are always looking for ways to make service and operations better, coming up with new ideas that help the business grow.
- BE SHARP: You are an expert on all things: policies, processes and specs, maintaining the kitchen that meets the highest levels of safety and hygiene standards.
- OWN IT: You understand the key performance indicators your restaurant is measured against and work hard to positively influence these whilst on shift.
- DO IT TOGETHER: You are fun to be around and easy to work with, always helping a colleague in need.
What will life as a Chef in the F&B family look like for
- Superb training and development, apprenticeships open to all
- Up to 50% discount at all our brands and no limit on number
of guests incl. Wagamama
- Free meal whenever you work
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Birthday meal on us
- 28 days paid holiday
- Pension scheme to help you save for your future
- Bespoke employee support programme, including free
- Refer a friend scheme with generous bonuses for each
- Access to a great discount platform, saving you money on
everyday purchases and so much more
I WILL LEARN TO. . .
MAKE IT MAGIC BY:
KEEP IT FRESH:
- Understanding how my role affects the guest experience
- Knowing how to prepare, cook and assemble food to spec
- Being able to produce dishes to suit guests individual needs
- Being aware of portion and waste control
- Knowing why and how technology is used
- Understanding the importance of protecting the environment
DO IT TOGETHER BY:
- Communicating with others effectively
- Showing how to work as a team and offering support
- Knowing how to use feedback to make improvements
OWN IT BY:
- Setting goals and pushing yourself to achieve them
- Leading by example at all times
- Understanding different learning styles and identifying your own
BE SHARP BY:
- Using kitchen tools and equipment safety
- Understanding food safety laws and processes
- Knowing how to complete documentation correctly
For more information about this vacancy please contact HIT Training on 02382 149390 (Ref ID: 156706)
- Strong communication skills both verbal and listening
- Able to follow instruction and direction clearly
- Attention to detail
- Time management
Commis Chef Apprenticeship - Level 2
You will have a dedicated industry expert to
guide and coach you through components of
your programme and you’ll experience a range
of different learning opportunities;
- Meetings with your dedicated trainer
- Interactive Online Workshops
- Self-guided research
- On-job instruction
- Peer to peer mentoring
- Personal development planning
- Manager progress reviews
- enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Coachable, reflective and open to feedback
- Resilient and adaptable
Our programmes are designed to help our chefs
evolve from chef to Kitchen manager and beyond.
You can complete as many of the apprenticeship
programmes in order as you like. It is also up
to you to decide on how quickly or slowly you
would like this to happen. If you start with us as a
chef and then want to gain some Front of house
experience this is also an option - the pathway
can be as flexible as you want.