- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Engineering & Manufacturing
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
Grotech Production Limited
Description of Opportunity
The primary function of the Apprentice Maintenance Engineer is to gain an understanding of the repair and maintenance of machinery and equipment used to produce the company’s products so that production
downtime is kept to a minimum.
The successful candidate will be required to carry out the following:
- To contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of Grotech Production Limited.
- Appreciate and support the role of others.
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
- Work with colleagues in the Engineering Team to repair machinery which has been reported as "broken down” in a timely manner.
- Ensure that any repairs carried out are documented and communicated to the relevant staff members.
- Work with Engineering colleagues, Production Team Leaders and Operators to provide engineering solutions to facilitate improved production performance.
- Work with other non-Operational departments to ensure that any maintenance requirements are resolved.
- Work on projects assigned to you to improve knowledge and increase experience.
- Keep Engineering workshop and external storage areas clean and tidy
- Playing an active part in site Health & Safety
- Keep a documented record of projects and work completed/in progress.
- Work with mentor to identify additional training opportunities to increase knowledge of manufacturing operations and equipment.
For more information about this vacancy please contact East Riding College Limited on 01482 390888 (Ref ID: 156843)
- Computer literate
- A logical approach to problem solving
Good levels of Numeracy and Literacy.
Level 2 Apprenticeship in PMO.
The successful candidate will be expected to attain a number of external vocational qualifications throughout their career with the company.
There will also be the chance to obtain Functional Skills in Mathematics and English if required.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy of information
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Have a positive, proactive and flexible approach to work
It is anticipated that on successful completion of the companies training program the right candidate will be qualified to progress to Team Leader level and be involved in all aspects of operations and health & safety management