- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Other Employment Opportunity
Starting wage is at £4.30 an hour and then will increase after a few months.
You will complete the following:
Retail Level 2 Apprenticeship + 2 GPhC Accredited Courses delivered by the National Pharmacy Association (NPA) – Medicines Counter Assistant and Accredited Dispensing Assistant Course.
NPA Courses will commence around 8 weeks after you have been enrolled on the Retail Level 2 Apprenticeship. NPA Courses must be completed within the first 12 months of employment at the Pharmacy.
Your Retailer Level 2 Apprenticeship will be delivered by Qube Learning who are a National Training Provider. As a student within Qube Learning you will have a dedicated Skills Tutor who will visit you every 4 – 6 weeks and deliver a bespoke teaching and learning session.
Your Apprenticeship Training Programme + NPA Courses should be completed in around 15 months. Functional Skills (Maths and English) may form part of your programme.
Your duties will be:
• Read, ensure understanding and comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Dispense medication in a timely manner, as stated on prescriptions, maintaining accurate dispensing records and ensuring that the medication is accurately labelled to ensure medicines are correctly and safely supplied.
• Dispense Monitored Dosage Systems (MDS) / blister packs and complete the associated documentation as per the associated SOPs where required.
• Ensure the highest standards of professional service and care to our patients by offering informed advice on appropriate treatment of minor ailments and products and referring to the pharmacist when necessary.
• Fulfil your role as a pharmacy apprentice in all NHS or private pharmacy services provided by your pharmacy.
• Complete all NHS and other pharmacy service paperwork accurately and on time.
• Respect and maintain confidentiality of information concerning customers, colleagues, company policies and statistics in accordance with the Data Protection Act (to be replaced with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from 25th May 2018).
• Ensure that customers receive excellent service.
• Use the till system to serve customers and be able to complete sales transactions.
• Deal with customer complaints and dispensing errors promptly and efficiently in accordance with company policy.
• Develop and maintain good relationships with local surgeries, nursing homes, other healthcare professionals and local bodies.
For more information about this vacancy please contact QUBE QUALIFICATIONS AND DEVELOPMENT LIMITED on 01235 833838 (Ref ID: 158008)
-Good communication skills
-Good listening skills
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
Retail Level 2 Apprenticeship + 2 GPhC Accredited Courses delivered by the National Pharmacy Association (NPA) Medicines Counter Assistant and Accredited Dispensing Assistant Course.
Sharing your details (GDPR).
Qube Learning will not share any of your personal details with any person or company outside our organisation, except the hiring manager for this specific position.
We may share you details with another department within Qube Learning if we feel we could help you with the many other training opportunities we offer.