- GMFJ Reference
£ Competitive p/h
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
Realtime IT Solutions Ltd
Description of Opportunity
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship
Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a
fantastic company as an IT Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn
while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
About the Company
Our client, based in Leicester, has over 15 years’
experience designing, installing and supporting business IT systems. They are a
mature, established and trusted technology partner.
They have comprehensive experience in IT, Cloud,
Communications and Security and are the perfect partner for technology
needs. They provide a complete Managed
Solution from initial consultation and advice to design, implementation and
We are looking to recruit an IT Apprentice who is a
hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As an apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will
- Using company ticket management system to log customer
issues and keep track of work.
- Taking calls from customers and responding to customers
regarding ICT issues and requests.
- Using company supplied tools and procedures to troubleshoot
- Ensuring hardware and software specs are in line with
requirements when setting up new hardware.
- Installing and configuring Anti-Virus Software.
- Ensuring password resets are in line with company processes.
- Following company processes for setting up new user
- Following defined company processes and policies to resolve
- Using industry recognised tools and processes for testing
hardware, software and cabling.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will
receive training through blended learning. This combines online technical
training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical
experience with your employer.
The skills, knowledge and experience you will
gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start
in your professional career within the IT industry.
Wage: £172 p/week
For more information about this vacancy please contact Lifetime Training on 0333 0143 669 (Ref ID: 158891)
- You will be highly organised with excellent communication
- You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn
- You will be adaptable with the ability to multitask
- You will have superb IT skills and a base knowledge of
hardware & software
To be considered for this role, you must have a C/4 grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
The apprenticeship contains the following three core key
modules which seek to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to
be a successful Information Communications Technician.
The final module is a Pathway module to provide specialist
career track skills and knowledge depending on which track was chosen at the
outset from the 3 options available.
Computer Fundamentals & Security
Gain an understanding of the core concepts in computing
including hardware, software, security and troubleshooting.
Introduction to Networking & Cloud Services
An introduction to the fundamental cloud concepts of
networking and cloud computing, including networking modules, devices and
Communication in Support
Support in IT requires good communications skills. Develop
your communications skills by exploring the best practices of support.
- Passionate about IT
- Strong attention to detail
- Dedicated / works with initiative
- Keen to learn