- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
Claire offers Competition, training and schooling livery including her own string of horses and has over 15 years experience competing and producing from unbroken to 3*, producing and retraining Ex-race horses
It is a small yard, friendly atmosphere, which provides plenty of one to one time for horses
This role includes all usual yard duties such as mucking out, feeding, yard maintenance, poo picking as well as turning horses out to a high standard - Grooming & Show
competition preparation including bathing, mane and tail pulling and plaiting, tack
cleaning, travel preparation with a fantastic opportunity to be a travelling groom and learn about the competition side of the equine industry.
There may be the opportunity
of hacking and schooling (flat work) and jumping lessons for right candidate so ideally someone who is a confident rider.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Haddon Training Ltd on 01672 519977 (Ref ID: 160393)
- Previous yard experience is not
necessary though applicant should be confident at handling fit competition and
- Organised tidy with attention to detail
- Takes initiative to completing tasks without being prompted
- Reliable with good time management
GCSE Level 4/ Grade C in Maths and English or equivalent.
Contact Haddon Training to discuss if not yet achieved - Must be able to work towards Level 1 or higher in Functional Skills Maths and English
Full training through the Equine Apprenticeship
supported by Haddon Training
- Hard working and dedicated
- A can-do and flexible attitude
- Proactive and motivated regardless of the weather!
- Lots of experience for a candidate who is interested in retraining ex racehorses
- Progression to a Level 3 advanced apprenticeship and a possibility of a full time position