- GMFJ Reference
£ Competitive p/h
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
Description of Opportunity
Salary: £12,500 (Anually)
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as a 1st Line Tech Support Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
About the Company
Our client are a family run business that have been operating in the West Midlands for over 10 years. They offer their customers the best options for leasing or renting equipment for all their IT needs, from providing the equipment to IT support, they do it all!
We are looking to recruit a 1st Line Tech Support Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As an Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
- Daily monitoring of the Autotask support call logging system
- Logging of all support calls in the Autotask system
- Providing 1st line technical support, responding to support queries to all customers
- Maintain a high degree of customer service when responding to support issues
- Take ownership of support issues and seek closure ensuring all relevant support procedures are followed
- Escalation of more complex calls to the relevant support team member
- Installation configuration and deployment of new and existing hardware in line with defined procedures
- Installation configuration and deployment of new and existing software in line with defined procedures
For more information about this vacancy please contact Lifetime Training on 0333 0143 669 (Ref ID: 160537)
- You will be highly organised with excellent communication skills
- You will be adaptable with the ability to multitask
- You will have superb IT skills and a base knowledge of hardware and software
- A driving license is required
To be considered for this role, you must have a C/4 grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
The apprenticeship contains the following three core key modules which seek to develop the
knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be a successful Information Communications Technician.
The final module is a Pathway module to provide specialist career track skills and knowledge depending
on which track was chosen at the outset from the 3 options available.
Computer Fundamentals & Security
Gain an understanding of the core concepts in computing including hardware, software, security and troubleshooting.
Introduction to Networking & Cloud Services
An introduction to the fundamental cloud
concepts of networking and cloud computing, including networking
modules, devices and protocols.
Communication in Support
Support in IT requires good communications skills. Develop your communications skills by exploring the best practices of support.
The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career in technology. The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
A permanent position is available on completion of the apprenticeship
A driving licence is required for this role as it will include some mobile working