- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Higher Level 4
Description of Opportunity
We are a leading online fashion retail group. Our brands, boohoo, boohooMAN, PrettyLittleThing MissPap, Nasty Gal, Warehouse, Karen Millen, Coast, Oasis, Debenhams, Burton, Dorothy Perkins, and Wallis design, source, market, and sell clothing, shs, accessories, and beauty products.
The speed and agility of the group ensures it is first to market with the latest on-trend styles and fashion. Products are designed, sourced, largely in the UK, and subsequently distributed globally from UK warehouses.
The group sells products to customers in almost every country in the world, with a strong presence in the UK, US, Europe, and Australia.
We are on the hunt foran Apprentice Business Analyst to join our Project Delivery Team at our HQ in Manchester.
- Are you interested in joining one of the fastest-growing companies in the UK?
- Do you want to share our growth?
- Do you want to join our brand and bring a shared experience and passion for what you do and how you do it?
We have, and if you agree, we think you should too!
As an Apprentice Business Analyst, you will develop among a team of experienced Analysts to become effective in the commencement and delivery of projects using multiple business analysis techniques. This will require you to pick up new understandings at pace and proactively engage colleagues across the business on your journey to develop skills to elicit and document requirements, and map as is and to be processes.
As you develop you will become responsible for refining these requirements and developing acceptance criteria as well as ensuring traceability from project objectives to delivered change. Working on both Agile and Waterfall projects, you will develop the skills to flex depending on the needs of the project, recognising that boohoo is fairly early on in its application of Agile in some areas.
The role ds require an approach and resilience that matches and recognises the fast paced and continually evolving nature of the business, but if you are passionate and enthusiastic about what you do, like a challenge and enjoy working at pace, we’d love to hear from you.
- Performing business analysis in the early stages of a project to ensure the why, what, when and how much is understood as well as alignment with business strategy
- Organising and facilitating the required meetings and workshops to support project discovery and delivery
- Employing root cause analysis tools to understand a problem
- Using various analytic skills and tools to quantify a problem
- Documenting the as-is and to-be processes
- Contributing to requirements elaboration during the low level design and build of the solution whilst ensuring the business is fully informed
- Ownership of the requirements document, ensuring that the right stakeholders have been engaged and requirements have been documented and considered at the right level
- Ensuring scope and requirements are sufficiently understood
- Working with technical SMEs to break down requirements and develop tasks and acceptance criteria
- Working with the IT solution architect and development leads in the production of an IT Solution Design ensuring that proposed solutions are aligned with IT strategy, yet meet business expectations.
- Ensuring requirement traceability is maintained throughout the development lifecycle and that any scope changes are sufficiently managed
- Organised, self-starter
- Enthusiastic and personable
- Good communication skills
- Problem solver
- Keen to learn and develop
- Has the ability to collaborate
- A degree in Business or in a Business related programme e.g. Finance, Economics, Maths etc., or
on Business related Degree + at-least 6 months of work experience*, or
- Existing Staff member with 2+ years of work experience*, or
- Level 3 Qualification + at-least 12 months of work experience* & Robust On-boarding plan (learner must work in the organisation for 3 months before sign up)*
- Retail jobs - Sales Advisors, Team leaders, Customer Service
- Customer Service across any sector – large or small organisations.
- HR function jobs
- Office Administration/Assistant/Trainee
- Any role that involves working in a team, processing data, face to face and email communications
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
37.5 hrs per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
You will be paid £356.25 per week whilst in your apprenticeship.
- Share Scheme
- Contributory Pension
- 40% discount across all brands
- On-site gym
- Subsidised restaurant
- The opportunityto work in a company that encourages engagement and growth!
This post can lead to a permanent position upon successful completion.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
For more information about this vacancy please contact QA on 01793696141 (Ref ID: 160877)