- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
Description of Opportunity
Word360 are an industry leading language agency that delivers reliable, 24 hour interpretation and translation to global organisations and industry. Underpinned by technology, our services harness a combination of human and digital solutions to offer our clients to realise cost effective, highly accurate language support.
Working within the IT team, you will be responsible for liaising with internal and external customers to resolve 1st and 2nd line IT queries, providing technical support.
- Dealing with technical issues raised about our Wordskii platform by our clients and language professionals
- To provide telephone and remote support to all customers in the use of Microsoft Office and other software and to support the variety of desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, Microsoft Windows operating systems, Apple related systems, etc.
- To log all relevant details of incidents in the Service Desk call logging system from information taken from customers via telephone, voicemail messages and emails and to action appropriately, resolving at first line, or redirecting and escalating to the appropriate member of the team.
- Research, testing and development into new product lines
- Writing and developing customer health check reports
- Help resolve software and technical questions for the customer efficiently and effectively
- Gather the required information necessary in order to best handle customer software and technical inquiries
Skills and requirements:
- Great customer service ethos
- Good understanding of general IT issues, in particular how websites and web software can be used
- Strong written and verbal communication
- A want to learn and grow into a technical role
- Good background knowledge and understanding of IT
- Passionate about gaining skills and experience in the IT sector
- Good verbal and non-verbal communication skills with the ability to provide a good level of customer service
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here: https://www.enic.org.uk/Qualifications/UKQRS/Default.aspx
- Interest in languages or experience in similar sectors.
- Experience working in a support desk, including an understanding of simple ticket tracking systems
- Experience in any of the following areas: databases, in particular MongoDBCoding/developing
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive salary and opportunities for career progression.
- £11-13k salary, depending on experience.
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic, fast-growing company.
- WFH opportunity.
- 23 days holiday plus Bank Holidays and an extra day off for your birthday.
- Great central Birmingham (Edgbaston) location.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
For more information about this vacancy please contact QA on 01793696141 (Ref ID: 161127)