- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Business & Administration
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
Description of Opportunity
To assist with the process of recording incoming clinical correspondence in line with guidelines; gradually increasing your involvement in the various activities within the CorMa team in order to ensure all patient medical information is updated accurately and within an appropriate time frame. As confidence grows you will begin to forward items of correspondence to clinical team members for assessment and further management of patients
Post holder will need to travel to any of the 7 sites at Holderness Health to complete their work, training or attend meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities
As an apprentice you will begin work on some of the less involved activities within the CorMa office but these activities will become more varied over time. All duties are to be carried out professionally.
- Receive and open hard copy post
- Scan and merge documents
- Process all correspondence in accordance with guidelines
- Tidying the problem page
- Dealing with patients records. Attaching documents and adding codes to patient records.
- Liaise with medical professionals
- Dealing with electronic documentation
- Scanning and emailing of information using encryption
- Quarterly retinopathy returns
- General Administrative duties
The post holder will also need to support and act on
- Confidentially of patients and their carers, practice staff and other healthcare workers.
- Health and Safety. Promoting and maintaining their own and others' health, safety and security as defined in the practice health and Safety policy, the practice health & safety manual, and the practice infection control policy and publishing procedures.
- Equality, diversity and inclusion and rights of patients, carers and colleagues
- Personal/professional development, attending training programmes implemented by the practice as part of this employment.
- Maintain quality within the practice
For full job description, please contact email@example.com
For more information about this vacancy please contact East Riding College Limited on 01482 390888 (Ref ID: 161527)
- Communicate effectively with other team members, patients and carers.
- Recognise people's need for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly
A good standard of English and Maths
Training will be provided by the employer, with East Riding College providing the 20% off the job training.
- Friendly image to patients and other visitors either in person or via the telephone
To be discussed with the employer