- GMFJ Reference
39.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Deeping St Nicholas
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
Vine House Farm Ltd
Within this role, you will support and assist both the Chef and Assistant Chef with all tasks necessary to ensure that the kitchen operations run smoothly.
Training in aspects of a busy kitchen environment, including learning to prepare and cook meals for the café. Baking for both the café and the farm shop.
- Ensuring production and delivery of the menu is of a consistently high standard
- guaranteeing customers receive a high quality of food
- Working with the Head Chef and Assistant Chef in producing an exciting menu
- Assisting with the preparation of meal ingredients, which includes washing, cleaning, peeling, cutting, and chopping fruit, vegetables, poultry, and meat.
- Assisting with the unloading of delivered food supplies
- Ensuring correct food stock rotation, and minimising wastage
- Organising and correctly storing food supplies
- Promptly transferring meal ingredients from storage areas to the kitchen as per the Chef’s instructions.
- Assisting with the kitchen team duties
- Experience of working to guidelines
- Assisting in maintaining a pleasurable working environment for the team
- Supporting the kitchen to achieve all set targets
- Properly cleaning and sanitising all food preparation areas according to established standards of hygiene.
For more information about this vacancy please contact HIT Training on 02382 149390 (Ref ID: 161604)
•Proven people, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
•Good team working skills
•Excellent organisational skills
•The ability to prioritise tasks
•Capability of working in a fast-paced environment
•Driven to maintaining excellent quality standards
- Level 1 food hygiene,
- Challenge 25
- Allergy training
- Health and Safety
- Emergency First Aid
- Showing initiative
- Team player
Upon the successful completion of the Apprenticeship, a permanent position may be available, with the potential to progress within the kitchen.
Full time position, 5/7 days including weekends
Staff discount in both farm shop and café
‘On Shift’ additional discount
Bonus schemes being introduced from next year
Free on site parking