- GMFJ Reference
30.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Health & Social Care
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
Hillbrow Residential Care Home
As an apprentice, you will receive training and support to provide outstanding care to residents alongside an intermediate apprenticeship in partnership with Exeter College.
Your Tasks will Include:
- To assist in the provision of care and work as part of a team to achieve the required standards.
- To ensure Clients retain their dignity and individuality
- Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting/assisting Clients, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, eating & drinking and all other aspects of daily living.
- Assist Clients in all aspects of their care needs (e.g. physical, emotional and spiritual).
- Provide attention when needed, whilst ensuring Clients retain their comfort and dignity.
- Pay particular attention to assisting those who have limited mobility, or physical / learning difficulties, making the best use of aids provided
- Escort to appointments and social advents
Please note, the start date is flexible and can be brought forward for the right candidate. The closing date is therefore subject to change.
Please note: We are hiring on an ongoing basis so candidates should apply as soon as they are available to start.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Exeter College on 01392 400800 (Ref ID: 161682)
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Team player.
- Maths and English GCSEs at grades 4-9 (A-C), or equivalent. You should be willing to work towards Functional Skills where these grades haven't yet been achieved.
Full training will be provided in the workplace with the support of an experienced team. In addition to this, you will attend Exeter College each week to work towards the following:
- Level 2 Adult Care Worker (Standard)
- The Care Certificate
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (where required)
- Genuine interest in working within a caring environment.
- Patient and caring person who can put the needs of others first.
- Willingness to learn and develop skills
Please note: You must be fully vaccinated (or be willing to be) in order to apply for this role.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you may be offered permanent employment should their be a vacancy.