- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
Description of Opportunity
About The Bannatyne Group
The Bannatyne Group is the owner and operator of a portfolio of Health Clubs, Spas and Hotels across England, Scotland, Wales and 1 health club and Spa in Belfast. The Group was founded in 1996 and currently operates 72 Health Clubs, 47 of which have bespoke Spa facilities, and 4 Hotels.
The Group is a premium Health Club and Spa operator with over 200,000 members and one of the few with a national footprint in Great Britain. We seek to provide our members, customers and guests with a quality offering, with Health Clubs combining modern gym facilities with swimming pools, spa pools, steam rooms and saunas.
We have a unique opportunity for an IT Support Apprentice to come into the business and join our fantastic tech team who support our IT operations across our business - we have had learners progress onto higher level learning.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Provide first line support to staff for hardware, software, audio-visual, printing and telephony equipment.
- Assist with the purchase, set up, maintenance and repair of computers, audio-visual equipment, computer-linked equipment and computer-related.
- To install and configure software applications.
- Help produce and maintain IT statistics, reports, checklists and other documentation as necessary.
- Assist with the upkeep of the IT asset register/inventory.
- Maintain satisfactory standards of safety and security in relation to computer rooms and equipment.
- To set up, maintain and organise repairs for various computing, audio-visual and telephony equipment.
- To be aware of and abide by the business’s health and safety procedures and associated policies.
- To undertake any other relevant duties as may reasonably be requested by the IT.
Essential skills & experience:
- Ability to demonstrate a logical approach to troubleshooting
- A strong attitude and drive for a career in IT
- Enthusiastic, passionate and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to work independently with a willingness to learn new technologies
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
For more information about this vacancy please contact QA on 01793696141 (Ref ID: 161875)