- GMFJ Reference
35.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
Clarion Law LLP
The team require a highly motivated individual
who will undertake and be responsible for the following;
- Engage in a review of client files and extract the
required information in order to prepare both short form and detailed bills of
costs for assessment by the Court.
- Advising clients on their legal positions and costs
- ‘File Opening’ procedures, which involves
completing client inception forms for all new matters that come into the Costs
team on a daily basis.
- Assist with administration of client debts and
taking the required steps in ensuring that payments are received.
- Reviewing and responding to client emails,
providing the required information and monitoring the emails in various mail
boxes and ensuring that all tasks have been actioned.
- Verbally communicating with clients in an effective
- Production of spreadsheets to enter, edit and
organise numerical and other data.
- Undertake legal research and prepare articles and
blogs to be posted on the Clarion Costs Blog website and social media profiles.Be able to competently use Microsoft word, Excel
and Powerpoint software to format and present high-quality documents and presentations.
- Management of an online diary system and use of
- Attend meetings, seminars and events as and when
required to do so.
- Management of online and paper filing systems.
- General administrative tasks as requested e.g.
photocopying, filing etc.
- To actively participate in a development plan which
will be agreed with the line manager.
- To achieve personal appraisal targets as agreed
with the line manager.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Damar Training on 0161 480 8171 (Ref ID: 162705)
Excellent level of numeracy and literacy - Maths & English GCSE (Grade C or above)
Strong interest in:
- Gaining employability training
- Gaining Business and Administration knowledge and skills
- Working in a legal environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able and willing to follow instructions.
- Work under supervision initially and work independently.
- Ability to work with detailed accuracy and speed.
- Be able to multi-task as priorities change.
- Adhere to all company policies, processes and procedures.
- Excellent work ethic and attendance.
- Commitment to completing the apprenticeship.
- High levels of attention to detail and the ability to present information clearly and in a concise manner.
A minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C/5 or above including maths and English and a minimum of two A Levels (or equivalent) at grade C or above
Paralegal Level 3 apprenticeship standard
- Functional Skills Maths level 2
- Functional Skills English level 2
- Client focussed at all times.
- Agreement of development needs using feedback and a learning plan to evaluate and improve performance.
- Willingness to get involved in the wider business through charitable and social activities.
- Integrate with the team and wider members of the firm.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent time-keeping.
- A commitment to complete all tasks to the highest standard.
- The ability to meet the monthly targets that are set by the line manager.
Clarion Solicitors support staff progression and development. For the right candidate a career pathway with progression to further professional qualification is available
This is a full time, permanent role with working hours of 9.00am – 5.00pm on Mondays to Fridays inclusive, with one hour for lunch.
Annual Salary - £12,000
Successful candidates will be required to undertake an apprenticeship with Damar Training, this includes:
• On the job training provided
• Online learning and work-based activities
• Study time will be allocated for online lessons and activities, one work day per week will be allocated for studies.
• Activities to be successfully completed to deadline
• Thorough preparation for Work-Based Assessor visits
• Completion of all Work-Based Assessment activities and exercises
• Completion of apprenticeship would be expected within 18 months – 2 years
Damar is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and expects all staff, employers and all other partners that we work with to share this commitment