- GMFJ Reference
35.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
The successful candidates will play a vital role in the day-to-day operation of their allocated department or team, providing valuable legal and administrative support to help the smooth delivery of legal services, client care and risk management.
As an Apprentice Paralegal, responsibilities will include:
- Managing data and records, including: Updating the practice management system workflow, maintaining the key dates reminder system, file management duties such as document scanning, photocopying and filing, keeping file notes, and other general clerical support.
- Drafting and reviewing standard documents, including: ordering legal reports and searches, and generating correspondence and documentation, drafting and producing legal documents and standard forms,
- Assisting with the inception, progress and completion of client files, including: file opening and setup, client due diligence processes, and file closing and archiving, carrying out research, handling confidential and sensitive information, understanding and utilising basic financial information.
- Communicating (written and oral) with internal and external contacts, including: dealing with telephone calls and enquiries into the department and relaying messages, and liaising with clients and organisations on the phone and by email, attending and participating in team meetings, and other general administrative duties as and when required including answering mainline telephone calls, opening, and sorting incoming post, franking outgoing post, door opening, greeting clients
For more information about this vacancy please contact Damar Training on 0161 480 8171 (Ref ID: 162706)
- Good written and spoken communication skills,
- Competent ICT skills (particularly with refence to Word and Excel)
- An organised approach
- The ability to complete assigned tasks accurately and promptly
- The capability of working towards tight deadlines and under pressure
We are ideally looking for applications from candidates with a minimum grades 9 to 4 (A* to C) in English and Maths at GCSE level (or equivalent) and two A level (or equivalent) qualifications at grade C or above
Paralegal Level 3
Functional Skills level 2 in Maths, English and ICT
- Reliable and be of smart appearance
- Hardworking and can demonstrate initiative
- Flexible and possess a pro-active attitude
BHW will provide an opportunity to develop within a leading and expanding law Firm. With positions in our large multi-team conveyancing department and our specialist commercial departments, Paralegal Apprentices will work alongside extremely knowledgeable leading lawyers and experienced friendly support staff. Our unique team structure provides progression prospects and a flexible and supportive environment.
Working Week: Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm (1 hour break for lunch)
Damar is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and expects all staff, employers and all other partners that we work with to share this commitment