- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
The Greencore Degree Apprenticeship Programme is designed to help you reach your potential and build a rewarding career in food.
In partnership with Nottingham Trent University, this 4-year degree programme will align your studies to real work, allowing you to earn a great salary and become an integral part of our management team (subject to development and performance).
During your time you will learn about all operations within our factory including food preparation, high risk production, despatch, hygiene and business improvement. The programme is rotational in nature, so you’ll get a broad understanding of how we feed the nation before you progress into your next role. As your leadership skills develop, your level of responsibility will grow throughout the duration of the programme. This includes:
- Responsibility for a particular area and ensure that production is always in line with the agreed production plan.
- Managing the team and ensuring that performance within your area is maximised. You’ll achieve this through careful monitoring, identifying trends within a particular area and acting upon opportunities to increase quality and performance. You’ll also understand the value of great communication and you’ll run daily meetings along with weekly briefings for your team to ensure they are clearly focused on their key objectives and as individuals, developed to maximise their potential.
- Working closely with your team, you’ll monitor the effectiveness of machinery and equipment to ensure performance consistency and reliability, with a key focus on always promoting safe working environment.
The programme starts in September 2022, and assessment centres will be held in early 2022.
For more information about this vacancy please contact GetMyFirstJob Recruitment on 02393876405 (Ref ID: 163001)
The ideal candidate will be both:
- Resilient and equipped to take change in their stride.
- Curious, organised and able to use their excellent communication skills to build effective relationships with a range of stakeholders.
Our operation is 24/7, so there will be a requirement for you to work shifts.
We are looking for a minimum of 120 UCAS points (equivalent to 3 A Levels BBB or a BTEC extended Diploma DDM) or demonstratable previous relevant work experience. To participate in the programme, it is also desirable for you to have 5 GCSE's including English language and Maths at grade C/4 or above.
We are looking for individuals with a passion for food, innovation and people. The ideal candidate will also be highly motivated to grow their career studying for a degree alongside doing a demanding day job.
Here at Manton Wood, we have a team of around 1,700 colleagues. We produce sandwiches and wraps for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Co-op, Asda, Morrisons, Boots, Aldi and Lidl.
Our Manton Wood site has a gym, restaurant with hot food and a staff shop available to all our colleagues.
Join us and be part of our great team, committed to making every day taste better.