- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
The Greencore Degree Apprenticeship Programme is designed to help you reach your potential and build a rewarding career in food.
In partnership with Nottingham Trent University, this 4-year degree programme will align your studies to real work, allowing you to earn a great salary and become an integral part of our management team (subject to development and performance).
To feed the nation, we don’t just make our products taste great. Our Technical teams protect our customers and colleagues through promoting high standards and developing innovative techniques to ensure food quality and meeting of food safety objectives. In your Food Industry Technical Professional Degree apprenticeship, you will learn about food chemistry, sustainable food production, raw materials, microbiology of food and how to apply this knowledge to your day job. This includes:
Obtaining Certification information for raw materials such as Certificates of Analysis.
Quality management system work:
Other routine Quality Assurance tasks:
- Obtaining photos of relevant locations
- Walking through draft procedures in conjunction with relevant disciplines to understand if they were clear and accurate
- Collection of samples – raw materials & finished products
- Taking swabs – hand, hygiene, and listeria
- Investigating customer complaints – foreign bodies in particular
The programme starts in September 2022, and assessment centres will be held in early 2022.
For more information about this vacancy please contact GetMyFirstJob Recruitment on 02393876405 (Ref ID: 163030)
The ideal candidate will be both:
- Resilient and equipped to take change in their stride.
- Curious, organised and able to use their excellent communication skills to build effective relationships with a range of stakeholders.
Our operation is 24/7 so you will need to be prepared to working shift patterns.
We are looking for a minimum of 120 UCAS points including one science subject (equivalent to 3 A Levels BBB or a BTEC extended Diploma DDM) or previous relevant work experience. To participate in the programme, it is also desirable for you to have 5 GCSE's including English language and maths at grade C / 4 or above.
We are looking for individuals with a passion for food, innovation and people. The ideal candidate will also be highly motivated to grow their career studying for a degree alongside doing a demanding day job.