- GMFJ Reference
30.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Higher Level 4
Battle Brewery Limited
Salary dependant on candidate
- Fulfil all training and personal development
obligations to meet the requirements of the apprenticeship
- Become competent in every step of the
brewing process, including the intake of raw materials; all elements of
preparation, control, processing, and recording of the brewing process
and the safe transfer of beer according to standard operating procedure.
- Understand and be able to package beer into cask,
keg, and bottle. Canning the beer plus filling mini kegs and Bag in
- Be competent with regards to cleaning of all
brewing plant and equipment.
- Complete all required quality checks and to
maintain accurate written brewing records
- Engage in public-facing activities such as
Markets, Trade events and taproom sales
- Beer Fermentation
- Stock control,
- Loading/unloading deliveries and collection
- Operate in line with company policies and
- Cleaning all cask that come back to the
brewery sterilising them ready for filling.
- Fulfilment of orders from the online shop.
- Assistance in the delivery of products.
- Any other duties relating
to the role
For more information about this vacancy please contact HIT Training on 02382 149390 (Ref ID: 168237)
- Previous brewing knowledge is not necessary
but may be advantageous.
- Have good IT skills, have the ability to
meticulously follow processes and procedures and demonstrate an aptitude
for technical and mechanical skills
ability to work accurately and follow instructions
ability to plan work, manage own time and meet deadlines
be enthusiastic and committed to the role
be keen to develop a wide range of skills required for the role
willingness to complete the training and wraparound support that will be
integrated into this role.
ability to operate relevant equipment.
ability to follow procedures in conjunction with HACCP.
ability to develop relevant beer style and the brewing procedure.
ability to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in
writing and to answer the telephone in the appropriate manner.
- Full driving license
will teach you everything you need to know, but a good grasp of maths and an
interest in science is a bonus
Apprenticeship Level 4,Functional Skills Maths & English Level 2
to the role
to work on your own and as part of a team.
- Be enthusiastic and keen to learn
- Have good attention to detail
- Be fit and active, there is lots of moving and lifting involved.
- Calm and punctual
- Good communicator
- Safety aware
We hope the
apprentice that will stay with us after they are a fully qualified brewer. We
hope to be able to provide a full time job at the end of the training. We have
plans to expand and grow the business in the future