- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
The accounts assistant will support the
company accountant to achieve and maintain an efficient and accurate finance
function. This varied and interesting position provides an excellent
opportunity to gain work experience within the accountancy function of a
brewery and hospitality company.
Our ideal candidate will be a hard-working,
pro-active individual who is keen to get broad exposure in a small, fast-paced
In return, we will fully support you in the
completion of your AAT Level 2 qualification and provide on the job training,
with wide exposure across the business’ accounts function, which will enable
you to develop your skills on the path to a career in accountancy.
- Processing Purchase Invoices.
- Raising weekly sales invoices.
- Payment preparations.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Management of the accounts email
- Managing the sales ledger and cash up
- Cash book reconciliations.
- Monthly reconciliations of the purchase ledger.
- Drafting management accounts.
- Providing additional ad-hoc duties in
line with the business needs (e.g. credit control, Balance sheet
reconciliations, finding invoices for historical bank reconciliations,
administration tasks, assisting in the move to new accounts system).
For more information about this vacancy please contact Kaplan Financial on 0151 202 0542 (Ref ID: 172050)
- An eye for detail.
- Organisational and problem solving skills.
- Effective multi-tasking and management of
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Competency with Microsoft Office, in particular Excel.
- Experience using
accounting software would be beneficial but not critical.
Accounts/Finance Assistant Apprenticeship Level 2
This level is ideal for existing staff or new talent in accounting and finance. Their work could include basic bookkeeping activities, working with sales and purchase ledgers, running calculations to ensure that records and payments are correct, recording of cash and data entry.
Learners will complete the mandatory AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting. The Certificate in Accounting comprises of four exams and an End Point Assessment. You must successfully complete the following:
Introduction to Bookkeeping (ITBK).
Principles of Bookkeeping Control (POBC).
Principles of Costing (PCTN).
Business Environment (BESY).
EPA - In Tray exercise.
Training will be provided by attending either face-to-face classroom based lessons, Live Online sessions or OnDemand. An apprenticeship has to be relevant to the job you are undertaking and you must dedicate 20% of your time towards it.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Helpful and shows initiative.
- Self-motivated to learn and to assume a wide range of responsibilities.
- Can do attitude.
- Focused on delivery and committed to seeing projects through to their close.
- Honest, discreet and trustworthy.
offer will initially be for 15 months to cover the time of the AAT Level 2
20 days per annum (excluding bank holidays).
- We have a small, friendly team with an informal, relaxed atmosphere with two office dogs.