- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Business & Administration
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
The Avenue Surgery Partnership
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Scanning of all correspondence into patient electronic records and/or allocating to specific GP.
- Registering new patients / deducting patients leaving the practice and notifying other organisations of deceased patients.
- Returning information and records to PCSE.
- Retrieving and filing of Lloyd George notes.
- Read coding information into patient electronic records.
- Action tasks daily.
- Discuss any matters concerning patients with the allocated GP(s) as required.
- Extraction of necessary data from the clinical record when required.
- Opening post.
- Deal with queries for child immunisations, lists from child health authority, arranging appointments outside of usual Wednesday clinics and collecting information that is required for the administration of the immunisations.
- Securely handling baby discharge summaries until they have been registered and read code added accordingly.
- Dealing with returning of letters to organisations when a patient has left the practice.
- Clear through 111 emails and OOH contacts processing accordingly.
- Contact patients verbally and in writing to book appointments if required to do so. This will include Long term condition patients, to book appropriate appointments and deal with any enquiries.
- Input information supplied from breast screening programme into patient records following the correct procedure.
- Work with the practice team during the annual flu season and any other large seasonal programmes to ensure all patients data is accurately input into patient records.
- Be fully computer literate, able to use Microsoft packages, email and adapt to the Practice computer system, adhering to the practice computer security protocol.
**NOTE: This job description was
accurate at the time of its compilation.
However changes are frequent in general practice and post-holders are
expected to be flexible and to agree to reasonable changes from time to time
once these have been discussed with the post holder.**
For more information about this vacancy please contact Paragon Skills on 02393 876404 (Ref ID: 172268)
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- GCSE's passes are preferred but not essential as Functional Skills in Maths and English will be completed.
PARAGON SKILLS have the ENERGY & EXPERIENCE to give you the EDGE in kick starting your career. Our Learning and Development Coaches will deliver outstanding teaching and learning to help ENERGISE you to complete your apprenticeship training and leave you confident to EXECUTE tasks to the highest standard.
Paragon will provide the training for this apprenticeship within your company’s site therefore there is no need for you to attend an outside training facility at any time.f
On completion of this apprenticeship you will receive:
- Diploma Level 3 in Business and Administration
- Functional Skills in Maths, English & ICT Employment (if required)
- Rights & Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills.
Possibility to progress further, either by completing higher qualifications or gaining a permanent role,